Founded in 2012, IXIS is rooted in innovative processes for data-driven digital experience and strategic online planning. Our mission is to integrate and synchronize traditional and digital marketing initiatives to recalibrate and connect brands across converging media. We offer competitive compensation packages including health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flexible work schedules, and exceptional growth opportunities.
IXIS is seeking an experienced engineer to join our team in developing cutting-edge, custom analytics and dashboarding solutions with experience building Single Page Applications using modern frameworks like React, Angular, and Vue. In this role, you will collaborate with and lead other engineers and data scientists to build dashboards, interface with secure APIs, and follow best practices around CI/CD and test-driven development. This is a full-time, on-site position at our office in downtown Burlington, VT. Note: remote work is currently practiced due to COVID-19 social distancing.
Our technology stack: *
- Build enterprise-grade front-end applications and dashboards leveraging React, CSS-in-JS, and the AWS cloud platform
- Create and maintain reusable and scalable front-end components via Material UI
- Optimize existing applications to improve performance and stability
- Take a test and behavior driven approach to development by writing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Work with team to design and implement REST APIs
- Collaborate with technical, data science, QA, and operational resources
- Learn about and share: new ideas, methodologies, techniques, and technology through mentoring, pair programming, and code reviews
Required Education and Skills:
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience building resilient, scalable, and performant enterprise-grade applications in a production environment, with a focus on Front-end development
- Experience building or contributing to a design system and/or component library
- Experience consuming REST APIs requiring authentication and authorization
- A test-driven approach to software development
- Core critical thinking skills, including good data intuition
Additional Desired Skills:
- Full-stack experience contributing to REST APIs
- Experience working with D3, Highcharts, Billboard or similar to create data visualizations
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Working knowledge of how to utilize Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to provision, augment, and maintain cloud-based deployments
- Development experience in a Linux or Mac environment
Our mission is to revolutionize our clients' relationship with their data to actualize desired outcomes and reimagine their opportunities.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time.
Job Type: Full-time