Role and Responsibilities
· Drive successful Kaizen and rapid improvement process events with both internal and external customers and suppliers and achieve company Target Initiatives
· Facilitate consistent, uniform approaches for visual controls throughout assembly lines and the factory;
· Collaborate and communicate with affected teams to ensure On Time deliveries of product
· Drive variability reduction, lean manufacturing initiatives and best practices and ensure compliance with plant, corporate, and environmental standards
· Coordinate with resource departments to fabricate, install and implement improvements
· Develop action plans to investigate and prioritize quality concerns
· Implement CAPA on internal and supplier processes / Lead and conduct process audits to ensure process discipline
· Drive resolution of manufacturing issues with component, sub-assembly and assembly parts
· Support design and release activities for current and new development products
· Lead assembly equipment / tooling specification purchase, installation, start-up, and commissioning
· Meet all exit criteria deliverables (e.g., cycle time, throughput, work station readiness, etc.)
· Provide overall guidance and consultation focusing on Fabrication, crimping, electro-mechanical and assembly techniques. Identify opportunities for improvements, continually evaluate results, and sustain performance gains;
· Drive quality, cost and labor improvements with the manufacturing department
· Develop formal sub-assembly and assembly process instructions and occasional test procedures
· Support and at times develop strategies and programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes within the company;
· Design, implementation and deployment of the Toyota Production Systems (TPS) and Lean manufacturing related tools and techniques such as: 5-whys, Six Sigma, FMEA, Fishbone Diagram (Ishikawa), etc. as applicable
· Apply sound problem-solving skills to achieve high quality standards for internal customers in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
· Min. 5 years’ experience as Manufacturing /or Process engineer, working with an IATF 16949 Tier 1 or 2 OEM (EV experience preferred)
· Min. two (2) years as a Continuous Improvement Leader or Implementation role, with formal education / training in Lean Manufacturing or Rapid Improvement Techniques
· Min. 2 years’ experience in electro-mechanical harness & assembly builds that adhered to IPC &/or SAE Industrial Quality Standards
· Bachelor's degree as Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer from an accredited institution
· Must be able to effectively read and interpret blueprints, drawings and electrical schematics
· Demonstrate a knowledge of, and commitment to, automotive assembly manufacturing principles and techniques;
· Comprehensive and practical knowledge with of shop, automotive and inspection tools
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience with presenting information to internal collaborative and management teams within the organization;
· Min. 1yr working knowledge using SolidWorks (CAD App) or similar CAD application
· Ability to develop workable implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, build commitment and overcomes resistance, prepare and supports those affected by change & monitors transition /evaluate results;
· Able to complete other related duties as assigned by management
· Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
· Working knowledge of automotive calibrated equipment and tooling
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to speak, read and write English as it relates to the job requirements.
· Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen.
· Professional appearance and work ethic
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude
· Hold a valid driver’s license
· Well organized and must be detailed oriented
· Physical Demands:
o May be required to lift up to 40 pounds
o Ability to stand 3 hours per day
o Good hand/eye coordination and ability to identify color variations and close / distance items
· Environment Expectations:
o Should be able to work in extreme heat and cold conditions, warehouse setting
o Wear protective clothing and respiratory protective equipment per company policy
o Work around irritant chemicals, gases, etc.,
About The Manufacturing Group and Job Summary:
This is an opportunity to grow your career at a leading manufacturer of All-Electric Medium Duty Vehicles. The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation. This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
PMC encourages your commitment to quality as you ensure the delivery of consistent manufacturing processes and on-time vehicle deliveries. Hence, PMC is continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
The ME will be responsible for performing multiple tasks in the assembly or sub-assembly department for the manufacture of electric vehicles. You will also, provide manufacturing engineering leadership throughout current and new generation development programs.
Please include a list of professional references when submitting resume/cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree as Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer from an accredited institution?
- Do you have minimum 1year working knowledge using SolidWorks (CAD App) or similar CAD application?
- Do you have a Min. 2 years’ experience in electro-mechanical harness & assembly builds that adhered to IPC &/or SAE Industrial Quality Standards?
- Do you have a Min. two (2) years as a Continuous Improvement Leader or Implementation role, with formal education / training in Lean Manufacturing or Rapid Improvement Techniques?
- Do you have a Min. 5 years’ experience as Manufacturing /or Process engineer, working with an IATF 16949 Tier 1 or 2 OEM (EV experience preferred)?