International Systems Management Corp (ISM) is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time position to provide systems engineering support to the Program Executive Office for Integrated Warfare Systems AEGIS Integrated Combat System, PEO IWS 1. This position, the AEGIS Fleet Readiness CHENG, will support PEO IWS 1 Fleet Readiness Program Manager to ensure AEGIS Fleet Readiness is maintained and support the transition of New Functionality into the Fleet specific to AEGIS CG’s and DDG’s.
The AEGIS Fleet Readiness CHENG will be responsible for supporting the PEO IWS 1.0 Fleet Readiness Program Manager. This responsibility will include the following:
- Developing and Managing all aspects of AEGIS Fleet Readiness strategic requirements
- Coordinating all programmatic and technical responses to Fleet generated issues
- Meeting and coordinating with Fleet Readiness stakeholders
- Implementing directive as instructed within the PEO IWS 1.0 organization
- Identifying and developing roadmaps to resolve critical AEGIS Fleet issues
- Supporting the Risk Framework Management Process
- Supporting the Combat System Certification Process
- Experience with AEGIS Combat System
- Experience with Fleet Readiness Requirements including, AEGIS Configurations, Logistics, Ship Integration, Training, Availability, and Reliability
- Experience with Complex Program Management Projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with USN Testing and Certification Process
- Experience supporting engineering or program management tasks for NAVSEA PMS and/or PEO Organizations
Desired experience in:
- Experience with AEGIS Combat System certification, and testing, including modeling and simulation capabilities
- Experience with AEGIS Risk Framework Management Process
- Experience with AEGIS ship modernization and new construction processes including configuration management and ship alteration / ship control documentation and approval
- Experience supporting US Navy Technical Review Process
- Experience with maintaining and operating AEGIS Combat System Configurations
- Experience with OPNAV Sponsor interactions and Program Objective Memorandum processes
- Experience with MDA products and integration plans
- Experience Leading team of diverse engineers
The applicant must have the following minimum experience or qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Math or Science Discipline
- DoD security clearance or ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- 10-20 years of professional experience in engineering projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work independently
The ideal candidate is dynamic and proactive in meeting customer needs and has the ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate activities across numerous organizations. The position will be located in Washington, DC and will require travel approximately less than 20% of the time.
ISM is a growing small business providing exceptional technical and program management services to the Department of Defense (DoD). ISM employees are experienced professionals that work well independently, or as part of a large government-industry team. The staff interacts at all levels of DoD and Industry and has a proven track record in achieving positive engineering and program management results.
ISM offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Interested individuals should fax resumes to 240-331-3091.
Job Type: Full-time