Position Title: Automation Engineer
Position Type: Exempt, Full-Time, Salary
As an Automation Engineer, you’ll be a critical member of a growing team with opportunities to learn and advance your career. This role will be an Agile team member and will work directly with customers to improve the efficiency of business processes by implementing automated solutions. The Automation Engineer will build and implement automated solutions to achieve desired ROI outcomes.
The ideal candidate will engage in every phase of the delivery lifecycle from business process identification through configuring, testing, and deploying solutions. This role will leverage Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technologies to address evolving customer goals and objectives.
Embrace and demonstrate the VerticalApps Core Values:
2.Lead by Service
3.Grow Through Learning
4.Trust Through Transparency
5. Think Big Picture
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Collaborate with customers to identify and document business process automation opportunities.
- Evaluate potential business process automation projects for viability and make implementation recommendations.
- Build high quality, efficient, and maintainable automation scripts to automate business processes.
- Demonstrate the automation of business processes to customers, coordinate transition to business owners, and provide operational support.
- Champion the use of Agile principles and practices to build a culture of trust, continuous improvement, and delivery within the team.
- Test and debug products to meet quality expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Actively participate in improving products by performing quality reviews.
- Ensure compliance with customer and VerticalApps policies & procedures, safety, state, and federal laws, regulations, and standards.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years overall work experience with prior federal government contracting experience preferred.
- 1-3 years practical experience with one of the following:
- RPA technologies such as UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, WorkFusion or other automation tool. (UiPath will be used for this engagement)
- Automated testing experience (Selenium)
- MS Office macro development
- Jenkins automation server
- BPRM technologies such as Appian or Sharepoint workflows
- Any GUI based automation tool or application
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Business process analysis and optimization preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and Agile team members.
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to solicit requirements.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High-level of flexibility, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working under pressure.
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VerticalApps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. It is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by VerticalApps.
Job Type: Full-time
- RPA technologies: 1 year (Preferred)
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule