Research Engineer - Robotics
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Artificial Intelligence Center
New York, NY
Samsung is building a new, forward-looking AI Research lab located in New York, NY, that will conduct fundamental research at the intersection of AI, robotics, and neuroscience. Our team is composed of world experts who collaborate with leading academic groups to create both innovative theories and state-of-the-art technological demonstrations that engender pioneering products and applications for Samsung Electronics over both long and short time scales. We are currently seeking individuals who share our passion and motivation to advance fundamental science and create revolutionary technological prototypes. Team members will have the intellectual freedom to cultivate their research roots by partnering with universities and publishing in leading scientific conferences and journals.
Research Engineers in Robotics solve difficult challenges for autonomous robotic systems, addressing problems in real-time perception, decision-making, high-dimensional planning, and robust motor control. They work closely with other Research Scientists and Engineers in collaborative, interdisciplinary teams to discover, invent, and build things that have meaningful real-world impact. The Samsung AI Center in New York will lead in turning fundamental scientific discoveries into revolutionary products that reach hundreds of millions of users across the world.
- C.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines is required.
- Expertise with robot systems and autonomy.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following:
- C, C++, Python, and/or functional programming languages.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to excel in international and collaborative teams.
- Motivation to initiate and accomplish ambitious research agenda.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace