Cedent is a rapidly growing, young and team-oriented organization. Our mission is to provide expertise and counsel rather than resources. We encourage the formation of joint teams with client staff to take a project from inception to implementation. Through this philosophy we provide identifiable business benefits in the most economical manner. Cedent enables business results by being a 'Value Added partner'. It offers integrated portfolio of services to its clients in the areas of Consulting, System Integration for key-industry verticals. Our resources bring their unique perspectives and insight based on their individual experiences, which leads to breakthrough outcomes for our clients. Our people make the difference by consistently delivering outstanding value to our customers.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY::
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer at their Suwannee, GA/Orlando, FL offices. The Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility is to apply their system design expertise to the design, build, and testing of SATCOM terminals and integrated subsystems. The Senior System Engineer is responsible for the configuration management of all new SATCOM systems. The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to work within an integrated, small team environment while developing innovative solutions to meet the SATCOM Communication needs of the Army, USMC, SCOM, Air Force and Navy.
ABOUT THE COMPANY::
At their core, the client’s employees are driven by innovation. They are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career with them enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
They a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, they provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. They design, develop, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. They are technology leaders in the markets that they serve and conduct business through Government solutions. Their market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
- Lead the system design, build, and test of SATCOM terminals and integrated subsystems
- Development of link budgets and SATCOM link budget analysis
- SATCOM antenna control Unit Development
- Custom circuit card assembly and electrical wiring/interconnect designs
- Configuration management of SATCOM Systems
- Selection/evaluation/integration of COTs equipment into SATCOM terminal product line
- Be an integral part of the engineering project team and complete assigned efforts within schedule and budget
- Duties will include documentation of build instructions, generation of test plans, and compilation of test results
- Demonstrated background in one or more disciplines related to: custom board design, electrical interface definition/design, wiring/interconnect design, COTs equipment integration, and SATCOM terminal build/test
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interface with customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite required and familiarity with electrical development tools (e.g., Matlab, Labview)
- Design experience in leading or directly participating in developing of SATCOM Terminals
- SATCOM terminal component, subsystem, and total system testing
- Software development experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten years’ Experience in system engineering disciplines including requirements management, configuration management, risk management and modeling techniques for complex telecommunication and satellite communication system
- Experience with SATCOM Antenna Control development
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Secret Clearance with ability to acquire Top-Secret clearance required
Client offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement and jury duty leave
Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Male, Female, Veteran, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity