This engineer-in-training position will work as part of an an engineering team to complete mechanical designs, engineering analysis and evaluations, and associated field work, including pipeline and tank inspections. This position supports a wide variety of projects, both commercial and government, in the preparation of design plans, specifications, evaluation reports and construction cost estimates. The position will perform evaluations such as piping stress analysis, hydraulic analysis, pump sizing and transient surge evaluations. This position works under general supervision of a lead engineer or project managers. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and energetic team player.
- U.S. Citizen, with the ability to obtain a military security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program
- Passed the Engineer in Training (EIT) Exam and working towards Professional licensure
- Ability and desire to travel periodically to project locations, domestic and international
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience required (internship experience may be applicable)General understanding of mechanical systems, including pumps, piping, etc.
- Experience with design plans and technical specifications for construction
- Desire to learn the details of downstream petroleum storage and distribution systems and the specific skills needed to design, inspect and evaluate them
- Ability to learn and properly apply codes and standards which may be unfamiliar
- Desire and ability to forge strong relationships with clients and teammates
- Willingness to pitch-in and help others
- Ability to methodically perform and document engineering calculations
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Technical writing abilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Safety Training certifications (First-Aid, OSHA, EM-385, etc.) are a bonus
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or other design software
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel to project sites up to 25% of the time, domestic and international, for varying periods. Ability to travel independently is a requirement.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for a sustained period of time
- Must be able to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and the like
- Must be able to walk, stand, crouch on uneven surfaces
Enterprise Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledSelected candidates must successfully pass drug screening and background check.