Siren Marine is currently looking for an experienced and self-motivated Software Engineer to be involved in to the day-to-day engineering requirements of our industry-leading IoT products and systems.
The Software Engineer will work in conjunction with other Siren and contract software engineers along with the entire cross-functional development team. They will also be responsible for implementing, debugging and maintaining the resulting code in C. They should be able to write clear, concise, structured and well-documented code, be able to implement data structures and be familiar with design patterns.
The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions. It is essential that the candidate possess exemplary interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have a strong background in computer science with a particular emphasis and work experience in embedded development, particularly in the IoT space. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that is intent on bringing cutting-edge products to the maritime industry.
Required Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as an embedded software developer
· Developing software through relevant layers of the OSI model from application through middleware, down to device drivers.
· Ability to implement communications protocols from specification documents
· Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as Thread X, uC, Free RTOS
· Experience with 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers and microprocessors
· Standard communications busses and protocols such as UART, RS232/422/485/, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, CAN, TCP/IP
· Use of standard bench equipment such as DVM, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers in troubleshooting and debugging
· Ability to read and understand schematics, datasheets and technical documents
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
· Experience with battery-powered IOT products and cloud connectivity
· Code development running under Linux
· PIC (C and assembly) and ARM microcontroller programming along with techniques in achieving low power consumption
· Familiarity with wireless technology such as Bluetooth, WiFi, cellular, LoRa, Sub-GHz, GPS
· Familiarity with NMEA 2000 and other CAN based protocols such as J1939
· HDL for FPGA, Verilog or VHDL
BSEE/CS/CE or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Embedded Software Development: 5 years (Required)
- Newport, RI 02840 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply