ABOUT DICE COMMUNICATIONS: Growth Leader
Our mission is to be the premier provider of mobile, telephony and unified communications solutions specializing in regulated, public industries. Our core focus is Education (K-12 and higher-ed) and Municipal as well as State Governments. Our core competency is “creating value” with customers through enabling best practices specific to the public sector, such as: E-Government, E-Education and E-Learning.
Dice Communications, Inc., is seeking a Resident Engineer position managing and maintaining the Alcatel telecommunications services at a large community college in San Antonio Texas
Essential Duties: Telecommunications Technician:
Programs, installs, maintains and troubleshoots OXE phone system, OTMS voicemail and associated peripheral devices including but not limited to; cabling, telephones, fax, 8770, Rainbow, battery backup, paging…
Performs software upgrades as required per manufacturer specification
Ensures all hardware and software necessary for the operation of the telephone switch is ordered and on hand.
Proficient in troubleshooting carrier circuits, SIP/PRI/POTs
Manages interface between Telecommunications Department, it's customers and vendors
Serves as order center for all telecommunications needs: Receives requests, researches and advises, purchases and installs, records and documents
Advocate the capabilities and usage of the telephone switch for solutions to communications problems
Maintain accurate documentation and record keeping
Using telecommunication engineering principles: plan outside cable runs, equipment location, equipment utilization, etc.
Act as telecommunications liaison between employer and customer
Serve as telecommunications consultant, engaging sales engineering team as required
Research and advise of avenues for increasing telecommunication revenues
Monitor telecommunication expenses and implement ways to reduce costs
Understand the customer’s direction and ensure telecommunications compatibility with that direction.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of Alcatel voice experience
- ACFE OmniPCX Enterprise or ACFE OpenTouch certification/s.
- Strong Windows and Linux OS knowledge.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design and installation.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Oversight and management of multiple request/issues simultaneously
- Ability to adhere to all customer and employer policies
- Ability to adhere to safety rules and regulations
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with VMWare, Linux KVM, Hyper-V
- Experience installing and configuration of Session Border Controllers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, frequently 5-10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Alcatel Voice: 5 years (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)
- ACFE OmniPCX Enterprise or ACFE OpenTouch (Required)