Job Title: Systems Engineer (Senior II)
Location: Anchorage, Alaska Position: Full-Time
Job Description: Capital Group is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support our FAA customer. This resource must provide a broad range of system engineering, technical, analytical, testing and operations in support of the FAA. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Linux System administration (RHEL, Ubuntu, others), technology enhancements and refresh, on-going security assessment support and SME remediation, and direct support to technical management and leadership in program objectives.
· Support system development/testing/integration/deployment activities for the Operations and Engineering teams.
· Install, configure, patch, monitor and maintain Linux systems hardware and software infrastructure on a virtualized platform.
· Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades and resource optimization.
· Provide SME Consulting in System Administration, System Architecture, and Application integration and migration.
· Provide both on-site & remote support based on customer need. No on-call support required but remote, phone support is key for customer success.
· Apply comprehensive system engineering principles to support the investigation, analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of NAS equipment and procedures, particularly the integration and safety assessment of the ATC system. This would include automation, communications, navigation and surveillance elements of the NAS.
· Review and prepare engineering and technical analysis reports, and other technical and safety or maintenance documentation.
· Analyze, design, develop, implement and test software related to engineering or functional requirements of NAS and associated support systems.
· Draft system/safety project plans, justifications, guidelines, and controls.
· Recommend development and design changes to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
· Provide expertise in the transition of legacy systems to modernized systems.
· Support all aspects of FAA safety management activities involving measures to mitigate hazards or reduce risks to an acceptable level, verification that mitigation measures are incorporated into product design and implementation, and assessment of residual risk and any other safety related activities.
· Provide roadmap planning for technical refresh, obsolescence, and future planning
· Support leadership for strategic and tactical activities including presentations to executive staff, district and program office support, and future planning
· Participate in transition planning and execution.
· Prepare technical and programmatic reports as directed.
· Participate in meetings as directed.
· Knowledge of satellite communications.
· B.S. Degree in Engineering, Math, and Science degrees are required.
· 16+ or more years of relevant experience
· Must be a US citizen and meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust.
· Candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint); capacity to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and the ability to work well on a team.
· M.S. Degree in Engineering, Math, and Science, or related field.
· FAA systems engineering experience
· Experience with NetApp, Cisco Routers and Switches, Palo Alto, RedHat Software/Services, Splunk, Nessus and other Software tools.
· Familiarity with FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS) and Systems Engineering Manual
About the Company
Capital Group, an 8a certified small business, is a customer responsive firm with an extensive record of providing superior professional support services to Federal clients. Our professional services include full life cycle strategic consulting, acquisitions strategy development and implementation, systems engineering, program management and business and financial management.
Capital Group offers competitive wages and provides excellent benefits. We offer a 401(k) plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company social and charity events, and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Do you have FAA engineering experience?
- Do you have experience with Linux System administration (RHEL, Ubuntu, others)
- engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location