Advanced Electronic Designs, Inc. (AED) is a progressive technology and product development company located in Bozeman, MT. We provide engineering and product development services for a wide range of industries including medical, military (Department of Defense), instrumentation and control, and entertainment. We are looking for a full-time Electronics Manufacturing Specialist with a breadth of experience as identified below. Individuals who are self-starters with the ability to work with limited oversight are preferred. This job requires relocation to Bozeman, MT.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
A fully competent subject matter expert of the functional areas of assignments with a minimum of five years of applicable experience in the following:
- Able to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems.
- Requires professional experience to assure competence as a professional. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Able to plan and implement electronics manufacturing builds for complex designs.
- Requires organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize, and execute tasks independently.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Access, etc.).
- Able to act as a liaison with individuals and disciplines within or outside the organization, with responsibility for acting independently on procurement matters. Level of supervision received is administrative, with assignments given in terms of general objectives and limits.
- This position will report to the Engineering Lead for Manufacturing.
- Candidates must be able to pass a comprehensive background check due to the nature of AED’s projects and clients.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A fully competent electronics manufacturing expert capable of operating various SMT PNP, through-hole soldering, and auxiliary equipment in support of rapid prototyping and low volume production manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on electronics manufacturing experience. Supervisory or training experience is a bonus.
- Experience with component validation, receipt inspection, storage, and traceability for builds.
- ISO-9001 experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of ESD practices
- Able to set up, schedule, and process manufacturing projects from production to shipment while implementing quality assurance procedures and industry best practices.
- Keeps management apprised of procurement issues, anticipated cost overruns, or schedule delays.
- Interfaces with vendors/suppliers, AED engineers, and clients.
- Oversees the purchase of materials and supplies for both internal manufacturing process needs, as well as supply chain management for client-driven manufacturing builds. Includes Bill of Materials (BOM) reviews, cost summaries, and other reports to procure a variety of electronic components.
- Stays abreast of industry standards and best practices regarding handling and storage of electronic components, blank PCBs, manufactured PCBAs, and related materials.
- Manage a barcode inventory management system.
- Analyzes parts costs and, at times, negotiates pricing with various vendors to attain the best price possible.
- Places orders, tracks order shipments, cancels orders when needed, handles RMA requests, and tracks receipt of product for order fulfillment.
- Determines parts quantities needed and what vendors are best suited to supply them while also meeting AED’s quality standards. Works closely with the design engineers and COO to determine which parts are most critical to order prior to completing designs based on supply chain volatility and project schedule.
- Prepares quotes of anticipated parts costs, estimates for work, and coordinates with the accounting department and COO to deliver accurate information to AED clients.
- Works closely with design engineers to identify sourcing issues, search for availability of potential crosses, and juggles various lead times and order changes.
- Serves as backup for quality assurance, packaging, and shipping of completed product to AED clients.
Direct Inquiries to:
Mark Henry / Chief Operating Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
We have individual offices. We social distance when required to be around others. We have very little contact with others in our current environment.
- Are you willing to relocate to Bozeman, MT?
- Electronics Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location