Robotic Automation Programmer
The position designs and develops robotic programs for industrial automation systems. Up to 25% travel is required for service calls, start-up, as well as commissioning of automated equipment at customer facilities. Minimum 2 years’ experience developing and writing robotic programs for industrial automation.
Candidates should possess a sense of ownership and pride in their work, a willingness to work as part of a team as well as on their own, and the ability to problem solve and think critically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and design robotic controls including writing programs from scratch and integrating with other components such as PLC, vision systems, drives, etc.
- Perform safety risk analysis and safety circuit integration. Often utilizing Fanuc DCS.
- Specify robot size and option requirements. Use Fanuc Roboguide to develop robot programs and simulations. Perform payload checks, reach studies, and determine I/O requirements.
- Integrate, setup, and configure vision systems to perform part recognition, part position, robot guidance, and quality inspections. Prevalent vision systems used are Fanuc 2D and 3D iR Vision, Keyence, and Cognex.
- Setup Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet networks for communication to PLC, level 2 IPCs, field devices, etc.
- Interface with customers to understand their needs and provide assistance in solving customer issues. This support is done both remotely and onsite.
- Produce documentation and train customers on the operation of the robotic equipment.
- A solid understanding of Electrical and Mechanical systems as they pertain to robotic integration
- Possess organizational skills, maintain a neat and organized work environment, track project timing and cost to project plan.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis, involving extra hours during the week, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays and Holidays.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience and Associate Degree required; preferably related to automation, robotics or manufacturing
- Experience with FANUC robots and controllers required
- Experience with PLC programming, Allen Bradley/Rockwell Logix, and Siemens a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Group Health Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Dental and Vision
- Supplemental disability insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with partial company match
- Bonus paid for travel
- Paid Training Opportunities
We are a family owned business with an excellent team and a strong focus on our company culture. Using the EOS process, we have a clear plan for strategic growth as well as a firm definition of our company culture. We hire, discipline, reward, and fire around our core values: Ethical, Innovative, Optimistic, Goal Driven, Ideal Team Player, and Accountable. Our core focus is to create solutions, add value, and help others which we achieve by our focused mission of designing, building, installing, and supporting industrial automation.
Pioneer Industrial Systems Facility located near Pioneer, Ohio with a satellite engineering office located in Holland, OH.
Job Type: Full-time
- Robotics, Automation or Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)