- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- At least 3 years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Redshift).
- At least 3 years of experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques and driving insights for business.
- Experience with automated self-service reporting tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Confidence in dealing with technical and non-technical senior level staff.
- Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and eagerness to learn new skills.
Are you interested in understanding how Amazon manages to make sure that it has such in-stock rates on such a broad selection of products and makes sure that the products are placed correctly to fulfill customer demand? Our group is demand forecasting within supply chain optimization team that ensure that not only we have an accurate forecast for quantities we will sell for each product but also where this demand is located. We build the systems and algorithms that predict customer demand for all products sold on the Amazon platform. We are applying advanced statistics, deep learning and machine learning techniques to improve forecast accuracy, while tackling cutting edge "big data" problems in storage and computation.
We need a creative, smart and enthusiastic thought leader with a background in data analysis and analytics ready to help us identify our best opportunities for improvement and make key business decisions.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer in forecasting, you will be responsible for
- Understanding the opportunities for improvement and partnering with PMs, Science and Engineering to design solutions to tough forecasting problems.
- Come up with innovative solutions working with our machine learning & research scientists that solves forecasting challenges for new businesses that Amazon keeps inventing
- Communicate and earn trust with our customers in retail & our downstream systems
- Develop strong reporting mechanisms for internal and external teams.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years’ experience with 2+ years Analytics and Process Improvement-related initiatives
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
- Experience working in R/Python
- Experience in supply chain is a plus