- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Software troubleshooting
- Adobe Photoshop
- Communication skills
Posting Number S03355P
Classification Title Benefited Hourly
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
Position Title HTML Email Developer
Does this position require driving? No
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
The HTML Specialist exercises strong technical skills including an expertise in HTML coding, as well as a full understanding of web development tools and technologies such as CSS, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver. This position works closely with staff across the Marketing Department to assist in creating new and existing code for HTMLs to be used in university email campaigns. This position has the skillset to translate direction from internal creatives, clients, and staff into error-free email code, sometimes within tight timelines.
While the Marketing Department home office is in Lynchburg, Va., this position is a remote, work from home position. There are a few occasions where HTML specialist will be required to be in the office/Lynchburg area which will be discussed after the job offer.
1. Full knowledge and understanding of Web development tools/technologies such as HTML, CSS, Photoshop and, Dreamweaver. Specific knowledge of how to code for email is required.
2. Strong technical skills including an expertise in HTML and ability to troubleshoot coding and application errors, able to articulate best email and HTML practices for the University.
3. Assist in providing quality assurance for accurate email coding, configure link tracking when needed (mainly to correct Dreamweaver errors), able to pull reporting to glean basic send and deliverability information; upload HTML/Text content to email platform to ensure best performance in variety of email clients.
4. Remain informed of existing and emerging technologies regarding HTML best practices and continually doing research while regularly analyzing what competitors in higher education are doing to engage their audiences. Educate others through feedback and presentations in key meetings.
5. Exercise strong work ethic, superior attention to detail and advanced organizational, time-management, and work prioritization skills.
6. Effectively able to work closely with marketing teams in coordinating and communicating content change requests and adhering to production schedules.
Four-year college degree in Computer Science, or similar field, + 6 months experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In-depth knowledge of front-end coding languages including HTML and CSS. General understanding of Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite.
Must be able to understand and follow directions, and work under limited supervision.
Must be able to work well with clients and co-workers and present a positive attitude, while being courteous, detailed-oriented, self-motivated, diligent, trustworthy, possess strong organizational well-developed communication skills.
Desire to work with a team to accomplish goals. Urgency to grow and improve. Ability to think creatively and critically, and problem solve efficiently. Must possess ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Strong technical skills including an expertise in HTML
Superior attention to detail
Ability to function in a high pressure/high ambiguity environment
8am – 5pm Monday – Friday
some nights and weekends may be required
Posting Date 06/03/2022
Special Instructions for Applicants
Career Mobility Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)