The Project Manager manages/leads all activities associated with the construction of an assigned project, from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within expected time and budgetary constraints. They also collaborate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are executed smoothly. Master Steel is a well-established growing AISC fabrication & erection company with a bright future in the southeast. Please consider joining our dynamic Team.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Reviews project proposals, sub-contracts, and job scope plans to determine time frames, funding limitations, procedures for project completion, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases.
- Ensures all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained.
- Ensures projects meet cost requirements.
- Assures proper accounting for project change orders.
- Interfaces with necessary departments and subcontractors to determine the scheduling of work and materials.
- Meets with customers and vendors to identify potential barriers with resolutions that maximize production and minimize costs.
- Visits job site as needed and required.
- Prepares reports for management. Meets with key personnel to ensure timeliness of project.
- Meets and confers with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Detailers, and Plant and Field crews to verify accuracy and completeness of all construction drawings.
- Reviews plans and proposals and determines proper procedures to accomplish company/department goals.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented.
- Directs, coordinates, and monitors activities being completed by project teams to ensure the overall quality of work.
Five (5) years related experience as a Project/Construction Manager in the structural steel industry.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, or Business is highly preferred.
Thorough knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures. General knowledge of AISC standards and AWS codes. Proven ability to read and interpret shop and design blueprint drawings. Proven ability to manage large multiple commercial and industrial projects. General knowledge of 3D modeling / Tekla system. Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.
Software & Technology:
MS Windows 10, MS Office 365; Word, Excel, and Outlook; Contract Manager, Tekla EPM (formerly Fabsuite).
At Master Steel, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. Our team environment is based on respect, effective communications, and accountability. We believe employees should have great working conditions along with opportunities to grow and develop. We proudly promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has a chance to be successful.
Check us out @ https://www.master-steel.net/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hardeeville, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Project management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location