Park Assist - www.parkassist.com - is seeking top talent to be considered for the position of Systems Engineer to join our growing team in North America. Park Assist is driving innovation in the parking industry; since our inception in 2005, we have developed sensing and business intelligence solutions for parking and are a global leader in enhanced parking guidance systems.
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years relevant work experience providing systems support.
The Park Assist Systems Engineer will be the technical lead and provide support services for all Park Assist system projects to which they are assigned. This individual is responsible for providing network and systems support for a camera based parking guidance system. As part of this role, the systems engineer provides remote and onsite services as is required by the project. The systems engineer also provides support to other Park Assist team members as well as third party contractors as required. The Systems Engineer also plays a vital part in working with the project and account management teams to provide technical expertise and overall systems support during installs and support phases.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to diagnose & troubleshoot low voltage electrical issues / faults.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot simple network issues / faults.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work with project manager to ensure project deadlines are meet.
- Ability to create weekly reports and manage/support sub-contractor on site when necessary.
- Ensure systems are installed properly and that accuracy levels are within acceptable standards at all sites.
- Ability to update project plans using online project management portal.
- Ability to perform testing and finalize all project related quality assurance documentation for both internal and client-facing purposes.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve successful project outputs.
- Working with electrical contractor’s onsite or remotely to provide support.
- Working with Park Assist IT and electrical contractor onsite or remote to correct network issues and faults.
- Commission complex network IP camera systems using Park Assist proprietary software.
- Write supporting manuals for new equipment and maintaining existing equipment manuals.
- Ability to respond to urgent onsite issues when needed.
- Work remote to rectify or modify (add or remove) our parking systems.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and to respond to changing priorities with ease.
- Experience with wet/dry relays and input devices.
- Working knowledge of rs232/485 serial interface.
- Know how to use for testing; voltage meter, cat5 tester.
- Understanding of SSH/Telnet remote access with programs like PuTTY.
- Ability to terminate cat5 rj45 type b connectors.
- Firm understanding of TCP/IP in networking.
- Certification is a big plus like Network+ or CCNA (routing and switching preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical, CCTV, Access Control or Other high or low voltage support: 3 years
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)