NRI Distribution is a specialist in providing North American logistics services to apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories manufacturers in the outdoor, action sports, fashion and lifestyle industries. We are champions in both wholesale and ecommerce fulfillment. At NRI a high level of service is a MUST, while providing an enjoyable and freedom-centric workplace to our team members. Both the Client and our team member experience is very important to us!
We fundamentally believe that one’s mindset establishes the foundation for success in our environment and look for people that live by and embrace a winning attitude with a propensity for action.
We recognize the opportunities technology brings in an environment of continuous improvement as well as change. Can you challenge process and be collaborative? Do you prefer to identify opportunity and present solutions to leadership? Are you comfortable in a relationship where you create results every day to justify your role and add value to the team? We view the realities of budget constraints and ROI as challenges and not limitations, do you? If you appreciate new tech solutions, simplicity, data driven decisions and initiating change, while acting by the principals of living with integrity, leading through action and delivering excellence while creating harmony and sustainability for all, keep reading.
To learn more about us please visit us online via our website (www.nri-distribution.com) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NRIdistribution). Seriously, check out our website, we’re pretty awesome. And we work with some pretty cool brands too.
Our software development team has built our own warehouse management system (WMS) and this system is critical to the success of our business. We are looking to expand our team with a Software Developer. The Software Developer designs, develops, debugs and tests software to improve the WMS. A key part of this position is understanding the customer needs, working with the team to translate those needs into product capabilities, and implementing and delivering on those capabilities.
For the right person we are flexible for this position to be remote or in one of our locations. We have facilities in Los Angeles, Fontana, Riverside and Chino, California; in Surrey and Kamloops, British Columbia; and in Montreal, Quebec.
All About You
Things You Can Do:
· Excellent Office 365 skills.
· If this person is remote they have the ability to travel to see the team (once safe to do so).
· Able to understand and interpret customer needs to provide an excellent level of service.
· Challenges status quo.
· Can communicate in an open, helpful and engaging manner with anyone and builds relationships across departments.
· Builds and contributes to team comradery.
· Takes personal accountability and end to end ownership of a solution or obstacle.
· Willing to put in the extra effort when it really counts.
· Has a sense of pride in work and end product.
What Gets You Excited:
· Building quality relationships with clients and co-workers.
· Ongoing learning opportunities.
· Experience working with a warehouse management system.
· Microsoft SQL Server experience is an asset.
· Microsoft Azure cloud development experience is an asset.
· Experience working with Git, Stash and/or Jira is an asset.
The Must Haves
· A post-secondary diploma in Software Development or equivalent.
· 5 – 8 years of experience in software development.
· Exposure to a .NET language (VB, C++, C#, ASP, etc.).
· Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
· Good understanding of MS Application Software.
· Experience working with a warehouse management is an asset.
· Must live the NRI leadership principles (please visit our website to look these up).
*If this describes you then please keep reading!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Designs and develops software products to enhance the WMS.
· Assists in the creation of design documents for new software components.
· Develops software components while adhering to established programming standards.
· Collaborates with the software development, QA and support team to deliver high quality software to our users.
2. Resolves routine system problems for the WMS.
· Debugs software components and performs software modifications.
· Performs data import/export procedures as required.
· Assesses impact of issues on users and helps team prioritize and develop fixes for high impact bugs.
3. Ensures development testing is complete.
· Implements appropriate unit tests to ensure high quality code prior to delivery to QA team.
· Conducts functional review and peer review to verify that code meets requirements and code quality standards.
4. Provides support for the implementation of new software application and subsequent usage.
· Provides troubleshooting to end users and assists them in the effective use of their system through formal or informal training.
5. Identifies and recommends ways to add value to the product.
6. Participates in team Scrum meetings (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives).
7. Performs other duties as requested.
We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our team members and their families:
· Competitive salaries;
· Choice benefits plan;
· Flexible and fun work environment;
· Ability to order directly from our amazing Clients;
· Autonomy in decision making;
· Profit share program;
· Development and ongoing learning opportunities;
· Ability to have a say and make an impact on the organization
Job Type: Permanent
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)