The Engineer will be responsible for upkeep, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting with HVAC systems, Lighting, Door Locks, Fire and Security systems, Windows, Doors, pool pumps/systems, Garage air handling, Sheetrock repair, flooring, painting, plumbing, electrical, and air handling units, as well as other general maintenance.
The ideal applicant will be customer service oriented and willing to go the extra mile to make the guest experience one to remember. Requires a strong background in commercial building maintenance. Also requires basic working knowledge of general hotel maintenance procedures. Full time position with benefits. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required.
Minimum of two years of experience preferably in a hotel; franchised hotel experience a plus. Knowledge of all mechanical equipment critical to the operation of the building; proper chemical handling and disposal. Ability to prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments. Ability to interact positively with hotel personnel and provide prompt solutions to problems. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Complete work orders such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC repairs
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the property, grounds, and pool
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Prepare vacant rooms for occupancy
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment
- Ability to communicate with residents, office staff, and vendors effectively
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Be dependable/reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required- or higher-standards, and pitch in to get the job completed
- Be attentive to detail and monitoring adherence to company standards
- HVAC certification preferred
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, painting and maintenance
- Must be available for on-call hours
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Benefits: health
- Growth Opportunities-earn your CPO and HVAC with us!
- Access to fitness centers and pools
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
We provide masks and hand sanitizer. Social distancing is required and all common areas are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Required)
- Stationary Engineer's License (Preferred)
- EPA Universal Certification (Preferred)
- EPA Refrigerant Certification (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma