Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmart's Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the world's largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate and customer experience in our stores. That's why we created the first-of-its-kind IRL inside an existing and fully-operating grocery store in Levittown, NY. This working Artificial Intelligence lab, inside a 50K sq. ft store with 30K items and more than 100 associates, will allow us to test a broad range of applications such as improving inventory and on-shelf availability, enhancing both the associate and customer experience in our stores.
As a Consumer Applications Engineer you will be working with web and mobile applications. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, your apps will work to create a best-in-class consumer experience in the physical retail space.
What you'll do:
What you should have:
- Develop and maintain web and mobile applications driving in-store experience.
- Work with Product teams to shape inbound ideas into reality.
- Ownership of the architecture and code that you bring to a production environment
What is preferred:
- BA/BS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with 3+ years industry experience
- Or 7+ years industry experience
Why you would love it here:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with deployments
- Experience working with designs and prototyping
- Comfortable with fast-paced development and iteration
At IRL we function like a startup and have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, and more! We offer unlimited vacation and a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, and clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems and focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!