Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The Converse Close to Market team is responsible for regional product creation, key account product creation and quick to market product. This fast-paced team builds global footwear collections that lead trends and supply product to the top tier retailers across the globe.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Design 1, Footwear.
This role is responsible for creating industry leading footwear designs and compelling material and color stories that are based in consumer relevant story telling.
The candidate needs to have adynamic and ambitious spirit with exceptional footwear design skills. This candidate will have knowledge of footwear design including tooling and upper component technical drawing skills, material and color selection skills. 3D design skills are a plus!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will design footwear products that will be crafted and sold to consumers. Includes original concepts, selection of appropriate materials, and modifications to ensure manufacturability. You will bring to life the seasonal category creative direction that is trend relevant to the category customer.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- You will create original product designs or refresh existing products that appropriately reflect Converse's design philosophy & standards with supervision from Design management.
- Proactively follow the execution of all product details including construction detail, color, form, style, detail, fit performance, graphic application, trim, etc.
- Clearly connect with members in Design, Development, and Product Merchandising to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
- Communicate and present design concepts to various internal and external audiences along with more senior Designers.
- Create presentation materials that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
- Build awareness of current trends, color, and sports-related product through market research to stay on top of consumer needs.
- Provide design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load.
- Present to key accounts and regional teams.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work with a highly creative team responsible for all close to market footwear for Converse. You will work in a collaborative triad formation with other Footwear Designers, Footwear Product Merchants and Product Developers. You will report up through the broader Footwear Design team to ensure mentorship and guidance from other Footwear Designers of varying experience.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Typically has 1 – 3 years of footwear design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Design, Footwear Design, Graphic Design, Accessories Design, Textile Design or other design disciplines.
- 3D Design skills a plus!
- This position is based in our Converse HQ in Boston Massachusetts
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.