Location: Battle Creek, MI
Employee Reports to: Operations Manager
GDI Services provides a wide range of world class services to a very diverse group of clients; all of which present unique concerns, goals and expectations. GDI Services partners with its customers to carefully engineer solutions to achieve these goals. We have built a strong North American Service Platform that gives us the ability to transfer our methodology anywhere our customers require. Whether through a self-performing program, consultation or other customized designs, there is an GDI Services solution. We have a philosophy of open dialog and communication with our clients. This philosophy keeps us focused on customer goals and delivers the full strength of our 100+ years of knowledge and expertise.
Provides technical assistance for the production of food prototypes by managing the materials flow process from scale-up through mixing to ensure ingredients are available to support trials within the Pilot Plant. Applies knowledge of ingredients, processes and equipment to raise awareness to development teams when results in mixing are not meeting expectations.
Principal duties and Responsibilities
- For Truck experience.
- Accurately batch and mix ingredients per the formula and procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, operate, sanitize and maintain mixing and scaling equipment.
- Maintain bio-terrorism traceability for all ingredients used in batching and mixing.
- Verify all ingredients and equipment are available and the quantities are accurate for batching and mixing.
- Visual acuity to recognize and identify subtle differences or changes in the mixed product
- Ability to walk up to 800 ft. on a regular basis, repetitively lift 50 lbs. regularly and 80 lbs. occasionally, and stand 8 hours a day.
- Strong computer skills required (excel, email, word processing).
- Attention to detail and good math formulation skills.
- Use discretion with confidential information.
- Dependable and savvy on communication with customers.
- Keen safety awareness at all times and report any safety concerns to supervisor.
- Comply with procedures outlined in SSOP’s, employee handbook, GMP policy, time clock and attendance policy.
- Accountable for sanitation of area.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational and communication skills on a daily basis.
- Must be able to maintain composure, continuity, control and efficiency while performing many functions that change in terms of nature.
- Must be able to work in situations that require tact, diplomacy, firmness, good judgement, responsibility and fairness.
- Must be able to complete tasks to completion.
- Able to work flexible hours- first shift with possible early starts or late stays (up to 12 hours)
- Perform repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Hand dexterity and eye hand coordination
- Climbing (ladders, stairs)
- Bending or stooping
- Extended periods of time walking or standing
- Ability to work as part of a team and go above and beyond to support other areas when not engaged in mixing.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Must have reliable transportation
This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company Policies. Additionally, the ability to interact with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
GDI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply: For consideration please email your resume with the job title in the subject line or fax your resume to: 269-961-6629.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)