With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
This position works with all related Manufacturing plants worldwide, Corporate entities and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering to work in the hard-shaping process development for periphery, top & bottom and flute & point grinding to evaluate and develop global standards for manufacturing.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Directly impacts productivity gains through process development and implementation of automation, transfer of modern grinding and wheel technology, and processes related to CNC applications and material handling.
- Works with manufacturing plants to identify opportunities and improve processes through the application of new equipment and systems, improved CNC programming techniques, process evaluation/improvements, grinding wheel technology, and material handling.
- Manipulates CNC controllers and related software to expand/enhance the capabilities of the equipment, reduce setup/cycle times, and reduce scrap. Provides CNC support as needed.
- Designs machine fixtures and related components for new and /or improved processes.
- Prepares procedures and other documentation on grinding manufacturing processes. Transitions new/improved processes to manufacturing.
- Integrate grinding results into manufacturing systems to continually monitor and improve performance.
Bachelors degree preferred
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills:
Mechanical Engineering, Project Management Certification
Years of Relevant Work Experience Required:
Equal Opportunity Employer