GVL provides animal health practitioners with unique, web-based software solutions that simplify processes, compliance and communication. Thousands of veterinarians save time with GVL, reducing errors and compliance issues, retaining client information and records in a searchable account, and providing clients with online and mobile access to their documents. GVL connects veterinarians, producers and animal owners, state animal health officials, feed distributors, veterinary diagnostic laboratories and other animal health industry partners to improve animal wellness and safety.
GVL currently operates in the US and Canada.
Mentoring & Advocacy:
- Serves as unofficial coach and mentor to UX Analysts and other members of the UX team while advocating for consistent and effective UX.
- Gives critical feedback on designs of team members and offers advice on best practices of user experience design
- Looks for opportunities to level-up individual designers and the entire team
- Drives implementation of consistent user experience design on product teams
- Understands and empathizes with user needs and underlying requirements, drawing constraints to be designed for.
- Collaborates with the team to identify, define, and drive a product vision
- Responsible for investigating known and discovering unknown UX user challenges
- Engages with users, subject-matter experts, and stakeholders to gather actionable feedback and reveal underlying problems.
- Works closely with product managers, other UX analysts, and engineers, to fully understand and resolve issues, concerns, and problems that result in delivering high quality product experiences
- Creates/employs user personas and utilizes those personas and behavior modeling to produce viable design ideas
- Understands the implications of work being done for addressing the needs and concerns of the larger customer base of GVL and evolving business markets
Build, Measure, Learn:
- Rapidly designs, iterates, and validates user experience solutions to meet user needs and constraints.
- Responsible for designing for both known and unknown UX solutions
- Understands ecosystem patterns, but knows when to replicate or innovate
- Designs at the ecosystem level seeing their product as one of a whole
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to explore new approaches that will provide optimal solutions
- Facilitates discussions to ideas from the abstract concept to an actionable design.
- Designs solutions that can be leveraged in products that meet a broad range of customer needs and requirements
- Demonstrates ideas to stakeholders through the use of tools such as concept models, sketches, wireframes and prototypes
- Creates prototypes to determine the success of a solution; while continuing to iterate and improve the solution after launch.
- Collaborates with Product Management to Identify and articulate what success for the solution/feature will look like
- Collaborates with product management to create metrics to measure success
- Engages with users to determine the value of design solution
- Deciphers feedback for rapid data-informed iteration of the solution
- Works with development team to deliver the resulting solution meeting user needs
- Tracks, follows-up and iterates on the delivered solution on a timely basis.
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred
- 6-10 years of experience in user experience design, interaction design or a related field in a software development environment
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in user experience design, including lean user experience design, discovering innovative solutions, rapid prototyping and leadership
- Previous experience in web development, graphic design or software engineering
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design aptitude is highly recommended
- Ability to craft a user experience vision and communicate it to peers and stakeholders
- Excellent conceptualization and visual communication skills
- Ability to prototype what is designed in the right fidelity
- Can clearly articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to think on feet and persuade others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to accept feedback and incorporate that feedback into design solutions
- Strong critical feedback skills that help level up peer design work
- Collaborative approach that brings good resolution to tough design questions
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to quickly understand and empathize with users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 30% travel, occasionally more during product launches
GVL’s vision is to be the world’s most trusted, secure and independent source of animal health data. GVL believes that all employees contribute to the good of the company. In reflection of this, GVL’s company core values encourage each employee to be Accountable, Spirited, Inspired, Dedicated, and Respectful.