Function & Responsibility
Setup/prototype machinist that is self-motivated and able to accomplish a high level of work without supervision to produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating CNC lathes and vertical turret lathe. You will work directly with welders on special projects including large vacuum weldments and chambers. Expected to handle all aspects of machining from start to finish, including deburring and detail work. Must maintain quality and safety standards. Experience with Doosan lathe with Fanuc controls desirable but not required.
- Ability to make edits and prove programs
- CNC programming at the controls
- Solid understanding of G-Code/M-Code
- Ability to read drawings/blueprints
- Selection of cutting tools, machine speeds and feed rates according to machine capabilities and work holding
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Carry out daily/weekly preventative maintenance
- Practice good housekeeping (5S)
- Communicate all defects and scrap
- Notify supervisor of any problems in manufacturing product or safety issues
- Shop math skills - geometry and trig
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively
- Ability to lift at least 75lb, bend, stoop, reach, and stand for an extended period of time
- Use of PPE (personal protective equipment) and safe lifting techniques
- Familiarity with pre/post-weld machining beneficial but can be picked up on the job
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Preference given to Candidates with:
- High vacuum (UHV) experience (knowledge of high vacuum surface finish requirements).
- Superior knowledge of GD&T’s and ability to interpret feature control blocks (ASME Y14).
- Superior English language skills –both spoken and written.
- A proclivity for life-long learning.
- A desire to join and contribute to a world class, global organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent; AA/AS degree in engineering/manufacturing preferred.
- 5+ years shop experience required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused