The Project Engineer is responsible for the coordination of construction projects, and providing
support to Project Managers, Superintendents, and Subcontractors. The Project Engineer assists the
Project Manager in managing projects through writing, negotiating and/ or reviewing the
requirements of contracts and subcontracts; initiating and controlling all pre-construction activities
such as scheduling and monitoring the acquisition of material, equipment, and manpower necessary
to complete the project with the understanding of the meaning of “time is of the essence”. Provide
input to add value to the project and make needed adjustments with help of the project team.
· Receive, log, prepare and distribute requests for information, (RFI), Review RFI questions and
answer with supervisor for appropriateness and potential changes. Manage the RFI process
including creation of RFIs, submission, logging, tracking, and distribution to the project team.
Receive, log, prepare and distribute submittals, review submittal with supervisor for general
compliance with the contract documents. Pursue timely receipt and submission of submittals
and advise Project Manager of late submittals.
· Complete understanding of scheduling using Primavera and documenting delays and timely
notifications to engineer/owner of delays that may impact the project schedule.
· Review submittals for completeness and accuracy.
· Be able to set up job files with project Purchase Orders, Subcontracts, Correspondence, and
Shop Drawings for easy access for project team.
· Develop relationships with owner and engineers reviewing shop drawings.
· Review subcontractors pay applications for accuracy.
· Ensure foreman’s timecards are in on time and accurate.
· Provide assistance in the field with layout and subcontractor coordination.
· Assist Project Manager with reviewing and preparing change order proposals and change
orders. Perform limited quantity take-offs to assist the Project Manager with verifying change
order proposal amounts.
· Develop and maintain document logs, including new drawings and revisions, potential change
order (PCO), contingency, shop drawing/submittal, requests for information, punch lists/work
deficiency, closeout logs or matrices for projects.
· Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with documentation, permit tracking,
scheduling of inspections, contacting subcontractors and other miscellaneous tasks.
· Manage project close out information including receipt of required documentation from
subcontractors, close out documents, and transmission of all required information. Maintain the
as-built drawings and/or set of red-line as-built plans.
· Helps to solicit Subcontractors and Vendors for new projects and serve as the liaison to
subcontractors, vendors, and project team.
· Participate in project orientation/job hand off meetings and develop understanding of project
contract plans and specifications. Also assist in preparing and maintaining project schedules.
· Ensure quality control and quality assurance in the field is per plans and specifications.
· Monitor safety and be familiar with all OSHA regulations (OSHA 30 training preferred but not
required) occasionally lead safety meetings, know what a JSA is and how to prepare.
· Work with foreman on putting together comprehensive work plans
· Should have knowledge of AutoCAD or BIM modeling but not necessary
Other skills required:
1. Good understanding of costs along with math and geometry skills
2. Computer literacy, especially in MS Office and Scheduling software
3. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
4. Familiar with permitting processes for construction
5. Able to read and interpret construction plans and related documents
6. Able to have fun!!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Engeering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place