P & M Steel Company is a custom steel fabricator with over 50 years in the Sioux Falls area seeking a Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the completion of assigned projects according to schedule, budget and within quality standards while maintaining good customer, vendor and interdepartmental relationships under the supervision and direction of the Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects efficiently, timely and profitably, including:
- Develop, distribute and maintain a detailed project schedule to monitor and track progress, to inform internal and external customers and to mitigate risks.
- Manage change orders to the project scope and develop RFI/RFP’s using appropriate techniques.
- Reviews production piece detail drawings for structural and miscellaneous steel products, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to the whole structure or project.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members, management, customers and vendors, including:
- Communicate with customer, erector, vendor and Architect/Engineer on all questions relating to project; submit Requests for Information (RFI) as required.
- Coordinate connection design and detailers (internal or outsourced) to produce drawings that meet P&M Steel’s standards and facilitate efficiency in fabrication.
- Use in-depth understanding of project management principles and industry standards to manage projects.
- Reads and understands Architectural/structural drawings and specifications.
- Utilizes knowledge of detailing software (Advanced Steel) or other various computer programs, engineering practices, production practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to review completed drawings.
- Proficient at reading and understanding prints and specifications, required.
- Previous experience working with PC’s, including office software, AutoCAD Software or steel detailing software, required.
- Excellent client-facing and inter-departmental communication skills, required.
- At least three years’ experience as a detailer and/or demonstrated construction project management experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard AISC connections, preferred.
- Advanced Steel, Tekla Structures, or similar 3D modeling software experience, preferred.
- Tekla EPM (Fabsuite) experience, preferred.
- High School diploma or Equivalent, required.
- Associates Degree in Architectural Drafting, preferred.
P & M Steel looks for the following core values in all employees:
- Community: Promote – Grow – And give back when you can
- Team oriented: Work together to build a positive team and family spirit
- Integrity: Do what’s right, legally and morally
- Commitment: Dedicated to the success of our customers, fellow team members and community
- Reliability: Dependable and consistent
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location