Location: Raleigh, NC
Title: Commissioning Engineer
Davenergy Solutions is a rapidly growing, profitable company, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our employees are the key to maintaining our competitive edge. To attract and retain the best industry talent Davenergy Solutions shares its success with its employees and is committed to providing a professional work environment where learning, growth and recognition are highly valued. If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a progressive organization that will offer you diversified challenges and an excellent opportunity for advancement please review our current employment opportunities. For more information about Davenergy Solutions and open positions please visit our website at www.davenergy.com.
We are seeking a full-time Commissioning Engineer to join our dynamic and growing mechanical engineering consulting practice. We are looking for motivated candidates who can grow with this department. The selected applicant will conduct commissioning, retro-commissioning energy audits, and limited HVAC/Mechanical design assistance services on a variety of property types. Experience performing commissioning services, and cost/benefit analyses on energy improvements is a requirement for applying to this position.
This position will require you to perform field inspections of government, commercial, industrial, multifamily residential, manufacturing, and institutional properties. A successful candidate has experience in performing functional testing an building inspections for a wide array of building systems to include but not limited to Air Handling Units, Chilled Water Systems, Hot Water Systems, Steam Systems, Power Distribution, Plumbing, and Emergency Systems.
You will also collect relevant information to help redesign Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), perform energy benchmarking, and cost/ benefit analysis. Some projects will require energy modeling with eQUEST, TREAT, or similar software. The ideal candidate will be adaptive to working with all property types, and knowledgeable with regard to a variety of HVAC systems.
The successful candidate may also be expected help perform commissioning activities such as construction document review, construction field installation verification, and equipment functional testing. Depending on project capacity, this candidate may also be expected to assist in limited mechanical design.
- Commissioning of new construction buildings.
- Retro-commissioning experience and ECM Determination
- Knowledge of building HVAC, Plumbing, and Power systems.
- Performance of energy audits (ASHRAE Level I, II, and III)
- An ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical
- An understanding of and experience with a variety of HVAC systems
- Familiarity with ASHRAE standards
- Familiarity with ICC Building, Mechanical and Green Energy Codes
- Experience performing whole building energy modeling a plus
- LEED AP accreditation a plus
- Commissioning certification a plus (CxA, CCP, NEBB)
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and internet skills
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and within budget
- Ability to travel on short notice (1 week or less).
- Ability to utilize ladders, scaffolding and other vertical support systems as part of construction inspections.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and spend several hours standing at any time.
BS in Engineering or related fields
EIT Required, PE Preferred, Commissioning Certification a Plus
DAV offers a competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, group medical & dental insurance, 401k plan, profit sharing with employer contribution, and paid vacation/holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Raleigh, NC 27612: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location