To provide support to manufacturing operations for production of high-volume injection molded plastic diagnostic consumables.
o Troubleshoot and resolve problems with production processes, equipment and tools.
o Coordinate with various departments to execute and implement corrective and preventive actions.
o Address technical issues (i.e. tool, equipment, process, training, etc.) resulting in potential delays, and/or higher cost of production parts.
o Generate and implement sustainable processes using lean manufacturing principles to improve production process.
o Initiate root-cause investigations, analysis and documentation of downstream production failures.
o Develop and implement improvements projects for production process, equipment and tools.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Provide information that supports manufacturing operations, such as performing historical data analysis, design, documentation, implementation and validation of equipment and process changes.
- Design, develop, implement, and support both hardware and software systems used in manufacturing.
- Actively participate as technical lead for assigned projects.
Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of related work experience, preferably in Engineering or Sciences.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2-5 years’ experience in injection molding manufacturing environments.
- Understands Lean Manufacturing principles and problem-solving methodology (DMAIC. Kaizen)
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Knowledgeable in the Injection molding process and has experience working with injection molding machines.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Understands technical drawings and GD&T.
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality systems.
- Experience in medical injection molding manufacturing engineering operations
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Sits/stands/walks 8 hrs./day.