Experienced Construction Superintendent wanted to join our team in a fast-growing company.
Adams Construction Group is a Class A General Contractor based out of Warrenton, Virginia. In business since 2008, our focus is Federal contracting, primarily (though not exclusively) in Washington, D.C. We are seeking an organized and experienced Construction Superintendent to join our team, supervising staff, and ensuring projects are delivered on time, in secure government facilities.
- Interface with all divisions of the home office, subcontractors, quality control personnel, and clients with a professional and respectful demeanor.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs.
- Review onsite conditions to plan the construction processes.
- Work effectively on jobs ranging from $5M million – $25M in value.
- Thoroughly review job files, specifications, and shop drawings, including the scope of work, materials ordered, and delivery schedule.
- Create Activity Hazard Analyses and Accident Prevention Plans.
- Implement cost-effective solutions and project management techniques throughout project.
- Maintain daily log of project progress, to include Client approval of photographic documentation to support work reported.
- Supply as-built drawings.
- Supervise contractors and subcontractors and provide constructive feedback; inspect workers for performance and safety practices.
- Provide training to crewmen and/or others on the Jobsite.
- Create schedules for contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensure quality in the construction process, adherence to construction drawings, and that the project budget is maintained.
- Oversee a strict build-out schedule, ensuring milestones are reached and goals met.
- Hold bi-weekly QC meetings.
- Update Project Managers and clients on build-out progress throughout project, as well as filed challenges, technical queries, etc.
- Keep track of material and stock orders.
- Plan several days in advance to ensure all necessary materials are available when needed.
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers.
- Perform quality control of all materials delivered to the site to certify that all products agree with the approved submittals.
- Create estimates of labor, supplies, materials, and other project costs.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health, security, and quality standards.
- Plan all necessary inspections.
- Ensure the Jobsite remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
- Perform walkthrough and aftercare instructions with clients after project completion.
- 5+ years’ experience as a construction superintendent.
- Federal Government commercial construction experience highly preferred.
- Experience in high-security fit-out and/or SCIF projects a plus.
- OSHA 30, First Aid, and CPR Certified.
- OSHA Competent Persons Training preferred.
- Clean background and ability to be cleared to access secure Government facilities.
- Knowledge of building and construction to include MEP.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to use Microsoft Suite, email, etc.
- CAD experience a plus.
- Procore experience a plus.
- Knowledge of quality, safety, and health guidelines for construction Jobsites.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with and manage a large team of contractors and subcontractors seamlessly.
- Organized, thorough work ethic.
- Analytically and mathematically minded.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction a plus but not necessary.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Bonus Pay
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday (occasional weekend work may be required to keep job on schedule).
- Construction Superintendent: 5 Years (Required)
- Multiple locations – DC/Maryland/Virginia (some travel required)
- No Remote Work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma