Mass Excavation, Inc. currently has an open Superintendent position. MassX is a company that values hard work and loyalty. We strive for excellence in not only how we deliver our projects but also how we treat our staff. If a career at Mass X sounds interesting to you, please read on!
We are seeking a superintendent with 7+ years supervisory experience in the field of civil construction for project in Alaska. Construction experience working with a large team is preferred.
Looking for self-motivated, take-charge leader to supervise all phases of construction, including; self-performed labor, subcontractors, inspection, QC, Safety & housekeeping procedures. Proven success of completing projects with an emphasis on quality & bolstering subcontractor/client relationships required.
- 15+ years experience overall
- 7+ years experience as a Superintendent
- Experience managing and leading multiple crews and various equipment
- Familiar with US Army Corps of Engineers
- Familiarity with MASS and AWWU specifications and AK DOT
- Competency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience dealing with multiple trades, jobs and clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with managing and motivating crews
- Adept at interpreting plans, specifications and work plans
- Handle pressure, meet tight deadlines and make independent decisions
- Quick self-starter, team-oriented and able to work with different personalities and professional styles to complete tasks
- Service and client-oriented personality
- Plan, organize and lead civil/site work and utility projects based mostly in Anchorage
- Understand and apply regulations and the company labor relations policies; and maintain safe work environment
- Monitors manpower requirements, efficiency, and productivity of construction crews.
- Coordinate with suppliers, material procurement, deliveries, organize inventories, and manage crews and job schedule
- Provides technical direction in construction methods to craft supervisors and foremen to attain required quality control.
- Coordinate and keep up with design and drawing progression, RFI’s and submittals
- Coordinates work efforts between various subcontractors and company workforce.
- Maintains production controls and verifies the construction progress at prescribed intervals.
- Fill out daily reports and work orders
- Manage and coordinate rental equipment
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and competitive salary.
EOE & drug free workplace. E-Verify.
A resume and cover letter may be submitted
Mass Excavation, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mass Excavation, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Construction Industry: 10 years (Required)
- Superintendent: 7 years (Required)
- US Army Corps of Engineers: 1 year (Preferred)
- AK DOT: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations