SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking an Experienced Mechanical Engineer to assist in the design of nuclear and/or process systems from the ground up as part of a first of a kind nuclear pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
A good fit for curious and flexible engineers, this position offers the opportunity to perform a wide variety of different engineering activities.
Potential activities include:
Heat transfer hand calculations, including transient conduction and natural convection
- Support of prototyping activities, including design of test rigs
- Mass and energy balances of process systems
- Hydraulic analyses of piping systems and pump sizing
- Calculation of over-pressure relieving rates and sizing of relief valves
- Explosion over-pressure calculations
- Engineering specifications for process equipment including acceptance testing to code
- Selection of process equipment and instrumentation
- Seismic analyses of process skids
- Pressure vessel design following ASME code
- Finite element stress analyses of atmospheric tanks and structures
This position will support the design and development of mechanical systems in the primary nuclear engineering group or process systems in the chemical process engineering group.
- Willingness to be involved in the design and implementation of a wide variety of systems.
- Experience in performing calculations.
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, valves and control equipment is highly desired.
- Experience with design-based tools such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Two to five years of recent mechanical design engineering experience in highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Experience working with vendors on design of equipment and fabrication is preferred.
- Experience with ASTM/ASME codes is preferred.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
Job Type: Full-time