RideController is a company founded on the passion of building the Ultimate Glass Cockpit and mobile apps to control the future of vehicle electrical systems. Our current markets are OEM Marine, Automotive RV, and Off-road Racing. The vehicles our products go on are some of the most sophisticated being built. With this top down approach RideController is a Tier 2 supplier building a track record of delivering exceptional hardware and software that exceeds our customers expectations.
At RideController you will be exposed to the cutting edge of vehicles, boats, and machines as we design-build the foundation of what controls them. Does the idea of creating an iPad/iPhone application control screen running an entire vehicle excite you? If so we are currently searching for a full-time iOS Software Engineer to develop software that controls our hardware devices on vehicles via a mobile application. This role would be located at our headquarters near downtown Kansas City. RideController is ideal for someone who doesn’t want to be in a corporate machine but rather wants a big opportunity to build a company and be rewarded for that growth.
The mobile software engineer would work closely with our partners, and outside vendors on the design of new products to further build out our product line. If you are interested in Next Gen Power Systems, CANBus, Bluetooth LE, RGB LED Control, and Automotive Grade Infotainment - Clusters all of which controlled via an iOS app this is the position for you!
iOS Software Engineers will develop software in Swift targeting both iPhones & iPads. They test software using debuggers, emulators and simulators; perform software releases and software quality assurance activities; write unit and integration tests and work collaboratively and professionally with the RideController team.
- Perform as a Lead iOS Software Engineer and or Technical Project Lead
- Develop native software in Swift for RideController Products.
- Develop native app(s) using Xcode.
- Will follow Agile and or Waterflow development processes depending on project.
- Self-directed and highly motivated to get the job done using the best methods available.
- Develop and take ownership of complex features, and projects
- High attention to detail, and sound problem solving techniques.
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some firmware design aspects, with our hardware-firmware engineers.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or a technical field (such as CIS or IT) from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of one-year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher. Qualified candidates will have some or all of the following.
- Must possess a minimum 1 years of experience programming in iOS. We will teach you the rest!
- Experience with GIT, BitBucket, CocoaPods and software development best practices.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in Swift for iOS.
- Demonstrates mastery of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers, emulators, simulators and logic analyzers)
- Experience developing systems using Bluetooth LE, LTE with integrations into IoT platforms are a plus but not required.
Experience with Linux/Android, QT / QML, Linux GTK, Hypervisors, CAN-bus, BLE (Bluetooth), Wi-fi, IoT, REST APIs, JSON structures and experience developing consumer facing products is preferred but not required.
RideController has positioned itself strategically and is currently seeing amazing YoY revenue growth. Being the small-agile company that we are the benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. We do not work our staff more than 40 hours per week, in the rare case of overtime, those hours are rolled back into employee PTO. We believe flexibility is key, as our existing staff enjoys the benefits of working remote. We offer a choice of high value medical plans with low premiums, to fit you and your family’s preferences.
RideController is a small team of passionate engineers building the future of vehicle / marine controls. We would love to have you join us! For more information checkout or web site www.RideController.com and our popular RideController Instagram. Notice these “retail” products are the tip of the iceberg in regards to the rest of what we do.
Primary Location: US-Kansas City-MO, US-Austin-TX, US-Bend-OR
Organization Consumer Engineering
Job Class Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused