Senior Operations Engineer
Location: Charleston, WV
Salary: $100,000 to $120,000/yr.
Bonus: 15% to 30% of Base Salary
Excellent Benefit Package
Paid Relocation: YES
Provide day-to-day leadership and overall guidance to the production professional staff and ensure high standards of safety and environmental performance while delivering against production cost, quality and schedule objectives.
BS Chemical Engineering (Preferred) or BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of Chemical plant experience.
- Demonstrated chemical production experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with teams in a Leadership Role
- Demonstrated experience with requirements of PSM (OSHA 1910.119)
- Experience with major plant shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become a technology expert on the Co. processes by working closely with technology experts to learn the plant process and equipment.
- Supports Production Manager and works with Production Team to ensure production is completed to meet business requirements (safely, on spec quality and on schedule)
- Ensure timely technical input provided for process or facility changes utilizing the site MOC process, and appropriate communication and training is provided for all affected employees.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are written, maintained, utilized and complied with.
- Ensures sufficient production engineer staffing for 24/7 production operation.
- Works with production staff to determine maintenance needs in a manner that is least disruptive to production.
- Work closely with Production and Reliability Teams to prioritize and schedule all maintenance and reliability work.
- Work closely with Engineering Manger to support execution of annual Capital and Expense project work (Production Engineers provide Process Scope and MOCs).
- Ensures timely incident (SHE, Process, Quality and Reliability) reporting, investigation and documentation, with corrective actions identified to prevent recurrence, and followed up to completion.
- Ensure appropriate Hazard Review for process changes or non-SOP production activities.
- Supervise and coach direct reports (Production Engineers and Production Staff) to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Involve team in problem solving activities with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Ensures adequate training for operations personnel is completed
- Raw Material Demand, Production Planning and Scheduling
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Chemical Plant: 6 years (Preferred)
- Chemical Production: 6 years (Preferred)
- Production Engineering: 6 years (Preferred)
- Production Management: 6 years (Preferred)
- applying root cause analysis to identify & correct problems: 1 year (Required)
- controls, chemical reactions, distillation, heat exchangers: 1 year (Required)
- pumps, mixing, and filtration equipment: 1 year (Required)
- Charleston, WV (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement