"Must have PE license to qualify"
MKN is seeking a highly motivated Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineer who is excited to take on a technical leadership role in an innovative, rapidly growing water resources engineering firm. We are a team-oriented and highly motivated group with offices in Irvine, Oceanside, Arroyo Grande, Bakersfield, Fresno, and Ventura. This position is available in any of our above listed locations. MKN strongly believes in and understands the important balance between work and personal life balance. Our collaborative work environment and operating philosophy support our staff in achieving this goal while maintaining excellence in service to our clients. Our recent Great Places to Work and Zweig Top Firm awards show our team members agree!
We are seller-doers. Duties include but are not limited to project and client management; business development;
- design of water and wastewater infrastructure; preparation of hydraulic calculations and reports; site visits and coordination with clients and staff;
- analysis of water resource management strategies; program and construction management support; and review and development of environmental compliance and permitting strategies.
- You will have the opportunity to manage all aspects of a project from proposal to project startup at completion.
- Additionally, you will engage in marketing pursuits and business management supporting staff development and strategic growth.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as well as eagerness and enthusiasm to work in a team environment on a wide variety of engineering design projects throughout California.
Requirements & Experience:
Position requires a B.S. in Civil, Agricultural or Environmental Engineering, with a minimum of seven years’ experience in design and project management of water/wastewater/recycled water transmission, pumping, storage, and/or treatment facilities. An M.S. is also preferred although not required for this position. Civil or Mechanical P.E. registration in California is required. Proficiency with MS office is required. Applicant should identify any prior experience working in AutoCAD as well as InfoWorks, WaterCAD, SewerCAD, BioWIN, and other hydraulic modeling programs.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation based on experience and qualifications. The firm offers highly competitive salary and fringe benefits and most importantly an opportunity for engagement and support from a senior engineering team who has led major regional water resource projects throughout the western US.
Please email your resume to Carrie Yamate, HR Manager . For additional information regarding MKN please refer to our website www.mknassociates.us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
MKN is currently following all State, Local and OSHA guidelines in regards to Covid19.
- Design/Consulting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Water & Wastewater: 2 years (Preferred)
- Civil Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Bakersfield, CA 93301 (Required)
- United State PE (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19