Strategic Alliance Business Group LLC (SABG) is a fast growing, privately held, small business, government contracting company. SABG is both a woman-owned small business and a service-disabled veteran owned small business providing superior technical support services to Government and Commercial Customers. SABG maintains a high-performance culture that emphasizes superior quality, productivity, process improvement, recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. If you are driven with a “can-do” attitude and eager to support a fast-growing company, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Advanced Facilities Engineering Analyst
Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
Clear, AK – Onsite lodging arrangements available
Regular Full-Time Exempt
SABG is hiring an Advanced Facilities Engineering Analyst to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in Clear, AK. This Advanced Analyst will support the MDA Mission Support directorate to execute day-to-day construction planning to include, military construction (MILCON) planning and programming, facility acquisition strategy, facility criteria development, requirements gathering, 35/65/95% design reviews, design and planning charrettes, basing and siting studies, area development planning, design authorization development and review, and the management of MILCON, Unspecified Minor MILCON, Planning and Design, O&M and RDT&E planning and construction funding. Some travel required, both CONUS and OCONUS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Possesses demonstrated knowledge and experience in all engineering principals related to military construction to include but not limited to scheduling, planning, programming, design, construction, operations, environmental, facility systems and subsystems and start-up aspects of facility construction projects.
- Ability to relate Program requirements to existing issues and projects is a must. Previous project engineering experience is a prerequisite for this position.
- Prepare decision documentation such as briefings and supporting materials (Executive summaries, fact sheets, status reports, courses of action, gap analysis, and information papers) supporting facility acquisition and MILCON activities for MDA facilities, infrastructure, and environmental activities. Decision documentation will be at levels suitable for presentation at the General Officer/Senior Executive Service level.
- Knowledge and experience with Military Construction Planning and Programming processes and procedures (DD Form 1391 development).
- Able to apply U S Code and DoD policy in planning and programming real property projects across the MDA’s portfolio.
- USACE/DPW Construction Projects Surveillance and Oversight
- Construction Projects Shop Drawings, RFIs and Submittal Reviews
- Develops and reviews design authorization, authority to award, Information Papers, studies, etc
- Extensive knowledge of Project Planning and Design Scoping Sessions/Charrettes
- Facility Assessments, Master Planning Reviews/Oversight, Facility Operations and Environmental issues and how they may impact current situations and problems
- Coordinates with the MS budget office to track project obligations and provide input to reports
- Draft MS internal staffing packages for all MS planning and programming requirements
- Draft performance work statements, government cost estimates and other documentation to support the acquisition process as well as provide technical surveillance/evaluation of contractor proposals
- Participate in infrastructure working groups to coordinate and plan for SRM and MILCON construction projects
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or as needed status reports on tasks and accomplishments
- Ability to resolve issues and make sound decisions which are in the best interest of the government customer
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to learn and support multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to develop strong rapport with personnel representing internal and external organizations
- Ability to search, review and understand drawings and details related to all engineering principals associated with MILCON projects.
- Ability to compare drawings and details to the actual construction environment for validity and accuracy.
- Familiar with USACE Resident Management System (RMS) Database.
- Perform onsite daily walkthroughs of the construction area and document progress and issues.
- Participate in all meetings via local or telecom and address issues as needed.
- Familiar with USACE construction management processes.
- Ability to travel as needed to attend design reviews, charrettes etc.
- Current Driver’s License to operate Government vehicles while onsite.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Capable of providing expertise in facility engineering to support stakeholder requirements. Has specialized relevant knowledge and works as a member of the team and assists with solving complex problems. Mid-level working knowledge, skills and abilities using Microsoft Office and Adobe software suites is required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree with 13+ years of related facility engineering experience, a broad general facility engineering background and previous experience in a project-engineering role is required. Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degrees acceptable. Professional registration is a plus.
- Experience with DoD facility acquisition, and MILCON Construction activities
- Experience with Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization processes
- Experience with United States Corps of Engineers (USACE), Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) and Air Force Civil Engineering (CE) Squadron
- Must possess strong writing and analytical skills to conduct planning and trend analysis
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects, work well within a team, interact with multiple levels of management, and be able to manage customer and contractor relationships
- Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency and DOD construction is a plus
- Skilled in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; and able to read and interpret written information
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; and upholds organizational values
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks, if needed; and develops realistic action plans
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to write and type on a computer. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job duties are performed in a manufacturing/office environment utilizing standard office equipment such as a computer, photocopier, and telephone. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
FOR OUR SERVICE MEMBERS AND VETERANS:
SABG values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses. If you are a Veteran or wounded warrior and would like assistance with the employment process at SABG, please contact Beth Rodriguez at (703) 286-5883.
FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES:
If you are a person with a disability or a disabled Veteran and are applying for a job with SABG, we would like to ensure your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please call Beth Rodriguez at (703) 286-5883 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
The below link will take you through our application process. You will be required to complete an application and attach a resume/cover letter. Once you complete all steps we are notified of your completed application and we will review. For individuals who meet the requirements of the position, we will contact you and arrange next steps in the interview process.
SABG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer