Description of Duties/Essential Functions
This position is accountable for providing overall direction for district land acquisition activities including acquiring the necessary rights-of-way required to successfully complete the district highway construction program; managing state-owned property; administering the State Relocation Program; monitoring the local agency acquisitions; and directing highway and land surveys in the district.
- Current registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Illinois
- Eight years of experience in civil engineering including three years supervising staff and managing engineering functions
- Valid driver's license
- Statewide travel with occasional overnight stays
- Strong oral and/or written communication skills
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
Office of Highways Project Implementation / Bureau of Program Development / Region Four / District Six / 126 East Ash Street, Springfield, Illinois
How to Apply
Technical Applications PM1080 (rev 8/23/19) must be received by the Bureau of Personnel Management, Room 113, 2300 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62764 (Fax# 217/557-3134) or emailed to DOT.CO.BPM.EmploymentApplications@Illinois.gov by 4:30 pm on the
closing date listed above. Applications will not be accepted after this date and time.
Bureau of Personnel Management, 217/782-5594
A copy of each applicant's ACTIVE Illinois Professional Engineer License must accompany application for this position.
This position is subject to the Revolving Door Prohibition policy.
To be considered for a permanent position within IDOT, you must either be a US citizen or a non-citizen with permanent work authorization.
Only education/coursework and experience listed within the application will be considered for determining eligibility for this position.
Please be advised that if a high volume of applications is received, the applications may be screened to establish a smaller pool of applicants for interview. The screening will be based on the information contained in the application.
Applicants will be notified in writing to schedule interviews.
- Individual salary offers are computed based on an applicant's qualifications and experience relative to the posted title as well as internal equity of staff in the organizational unit.