CSI strives to be known as a compliant company. To achieve this goal, the Director of Regulatory Compliance proactively monitors state and federal regulatory developments to provide documentation and training for CSI and its clients. The director provides primary assistance to the Software Engineering Group with technical definition of new or changed regulatory requirements, including assistance for formulas, logic routines and disclosure content. The director supports our clients with periodic regulatory updates, answers to regulatory questions related to our products and services, and to help correct any system deficiencies as expeditiously as possible to meet agency defined deadlines. The Director interacts with senior management and other areas of the company as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Monitor federal and state laws and regulations to determine which changes affect CSI core products and services.
- Develop compliance policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Define new regulatory needs for programmers, product managers, documentation and training staff within CSI.
- Support client financial institutions and users’ groups with periodic regulatory updates.
- Train management and employees in applicable laws and regulations.
- Host the quarterly Compliance Council meeting to keep all areas of the company apprised of regulatory developments and current status of compliance related projects.
- Host a monthly compliance update with compliance professionals that provide support for the Meridian core processing platform.
- Support CSI clients and staff with answers to regulatory questions or issues; assessing emerging issues or potential liabilities.
- Coordinate responses to compliance related complaints.
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews and transactional testing. Provide written reports with key findings and recommended corrective action to ensure compliance of CSI products and services.
- Ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion and are effective at preventing recurrence.
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as assigned or requested by the Chief Risk Officer for the purpose of facilitating corporate objectives
Experience and Training:
- Unquestionable integrity, objectivity, probing inquisitiveness, and a high tolerance for stress under adversarial conditions.
- Expert ability to analyze a complex set of data and be able to extract information critical to quantifying the potential regulatory exposure to the organization.
- Expert ability in the application of regulatory requirements to existing and new products, services and business opportunities.
- Exceptional personal management skills, including time management and organizational skills with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively interact with senior management and persuasiveness to solicit management and staff cooperation.
- Through effective leadership, able to solicit sustained high productivity levels while managing multiple projects.
- Familiarity with consumer protection regulations issued by the federal banking regulators
- Familiarity with Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC regulations
- Familiarity with IRS information reporting
- Familiarity with GAAP and quarterly Call Report
- Familiarity with NuPoint Core products, DDA/SAV, LNS, TDA, FMS
- Be naturally curious and willing to ask questions
- Expect that things will change – continuous learning environment
- Excellent analytical abilities with good business judgment
- Effective project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work alone or in a group
- Must be able to travel for training, user group meetings and for support of CSI staff and clients
- Must be able to be bonded
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business administration or related field with at least five years of experience with a financial services institution. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years business experience, and five or more years management experience.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification is preferred or willing to obtain certification