General Description of Position:
Conceptualization of new product design and assist in product marketing. Provide model change assistance to update product lines and implement optimum trends. Conduct ongoing research in and outside the marine industry to keep abreast of developing trends. Work is performed under general supervision where guidelines are prescribed but independent action is required. Provides guidance and assistance to lower level employees; will schedule, assign, and coordinate activities pertaining to upholstery and graphics design.
- New Product Development Design - Assist on the design, computer modeling, and prototyping of new models - weekly 25%.
- Small Parts Design – Design, computer model and prototype motor boxes and consoles on new models - as needed 20%.
- Upholstery Design - Design and prototype upholstery on new models - as needed 10%.
- Graphics Design - Design and application instructions for graphics on new models, including line art and gel scheme - as needed 10%.
- Model Change Graphics - Design and develop graphics including conceptualization, design, line art, and gel scheme - as needed 10%.
- Model Change Upholstery - Research upcoming trends and present proposals for model year colors, textures and overall look of upholstery on all models - as needed 10%.
- Special Projects Assistance - Assist on design and overall look of products including trailer wheels, gauges, lighting and optional items - as needed 5%.
- Department Assistance - Provide assistance to Marketing, MIS, and Sales for graphics, logos, and basic photo editing projects - as needed 5%.
Organization/Individuals outside of MasterCraft to whom there is regular contact:
Design Consultant - monthly for design direction.
Graphics and Lead Designer - weekly basis for design management.
Vinyl Sales Representative - bi-weekly basis for research.
Organization/Individuals inside of MasterCraft to whom there is regular contact:
Director of Marketing and the S.V.P. of Sales - bi-weekly basis for research and direction.
Corporate Communications Coordinator - weekly for research purposes.
Saws (table saw, band saw, etc.)- 10%
Miscellaneous tools (Belt sander, upholstery tools)- 20%
MicroSoft Office Suite
Education & Work Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related training and experience with five (5) years experience in design & development along with design consultation.
Works in both office and plant environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Plant environment varies with outside temperature and noise levels vary in different production areas. Effective near vision or near vision accommodation is required. Talking and hearing are required. Minimal bending, stooping, walking, and stair climbing are required as is lifting items of moderate weight. MasterCraft quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.
Minimum travel is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location