Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate position located in the greater Des Moines, IA area. This new opportunity is in our Genomics Technologies department where you will be an integral part of a world-leading transgenic and editing event characterization pipeline. In your new role, you will monitor DNA sequencing data quality and provide diagnostic calls, shared with global R&D clients, for genomic integration of various constructs, to ensure that work goals are met and continue meeting overall quality standards. You will work closely with laboratory leaders, cloud computing experts and software engineers to assess new modes of action and shape standard operating procedures
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- \tSupport DNA sequencing-based molecular analysis of transgenic and editing gene integration events for research partners located throughout multiple R&D departments.
- \tProvide daily integration analysis and diagnostics to R&D clients for multiple type of constructs in various crops.
- \tSupport laboratory associates in ensuring that projects get processed in a timely manner and to address any issue that may arise during DNA sequencing data generation.
- \tSupport laboratory leaders and computational biologists in day-to-day computer-related activities for data analysis pipeline integration and development.
- \tExecute diverse method development projects as required.
- \tPrepare, document, and train on site's standard operating procedures
- \tEnsure that facility safety and security policies are communicated, followed, and enforced
Requirements - What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
A Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related biology disciplines
Strong experience in cell biology, genome sequencing and molecular construct design.
Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills.
Strong troubleshooting skills
Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of audiences (laboratory leaders, laboratory associates, computational biologists).
A basic understanding of UNIX/LINUX systems and ability to run command line functions for work involved in analyzing experiments.
Knowledge of research-based pipeline activities and best practices
Expertise and knowledge of plant tissue culture and cell transformation.
Willingness to learn new skills and understand new processes
Demonstrated ability to work under specific deadlines and to prioritize accordingly
Ability to work effectively within a team environment – exchanging ideas with colleagues, sharing workload, and interacting with supervisors.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!