Elliott Tool Technologies is looking for talented people who are passionate about work and solving customer challenges in a fast-paced, high energy work environment, and who are looking to further their knowledge and skills.
Why Choose Elliott Tool?
- You will be part of an exciting and fast-paced industry. You’ll be helping customers solve their business challenges by designing and developing customized quality solutions.
- You will be successful. We will provide you with comprehensive training and the tools necessary to succeed and reach your full potential.
- You will grow. We will provide you with mentorship and an organizational structure that provides continuous learning opportunities.
- You will be part of a culture that values integrity and mutual accountability, a culture where people are passionate about their work and share a common vision—“Quality specialty tools for an “I need it yesterday world.”
- You will be part of a company that values family and supports a healthy work-life balance.
- You will have stability. You will be joining a profitable company with a 125 year track record of innovation and success where many of our Team Members choose to stay and grow. Our average tenure is 11 years.
As the Project Engineer, you’ll be:
- Planning, designing, developing, and accomplishing strategic growth projects.
- Leading complex projects, relying on your experience and exercising good judgment.
- Providing guidance and technical expertise to internal and external customers.
- Researching and reporting on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment.
- Collaborating with existing and potential customers to provide innovative solutions.
- Working cross-functionally with other departments to solve customer challenges and drive continuous improvement.
- Building quality relationships with new clients at all levels in different industries.
What’s a typical day like?
Imagine starting a day looking forward to successfully concluding your development project and starting a new one. At 9:00 AM you and the Marketing Manager lead a product development debrief with key members of the Product Development Team to review post-launch results for a project that is near completion. You report that our beta site customer was thrilled with the new design. Preliminary data shows it is 2 times more productive than the competing product. As a result, the purchase process is well under way.
Marketing and sales begin their campaign with the hard data from beta sites and three demos are arranged. You can’t wait to participate in one of them to ensure that results are consistent with the beta test results. You are also eager to see the product training that you developed with sales effectively deployed. Everything is beating projections and so you prepare to pick up that next project!
The Product Development Group schedules a session to discuss a potential next project. Research shows many in the industry are struggling with a process and tooling problem that is slowing down production and is costing significant amounts of money. You and others develop an initial scope of the new project. The team is counting on you to deliver a working beta within 6 months of the project start. Can you deliver?
You consult with the Engineering Manager and go to work designing a few concepts. In the weeks that follow, you and the Engineering Manager decide how you can enlist three customers to provide their input via conferencing and two site visits. You lead design for manufacturability reviews with Manufacturing, and prototypes are made from your design.
Alpha testing went very well with only a few changes being considered. You decide to continue to beta testing. Two of the three customers are available to participate in the program. You help train each on effective use of the tool and help gather data for 2 days. Beta testing is soon concluded.
You lead the final design change and review process. You create the part numbers, bills of material, drawings, and an operating instruction manual and review the new product with the Manufacturing Team before moving forward with production.
You notify the Team of the new product offering and schedule a training session with them to review the features of the new product. A month later, the Sales team has secured 5 new orders! Your design is a success.
Every day you will be doing work that really matters. You will be helping customers solve their business challenges. You will have an opportunity to do your best work and make a real impact.
We are looking for talented people. Do you have what it takes?
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- You live within a 45 minute commute of Dayton, OH.
- You bring skills and experience in product design and have experience in either electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulics for associated components including tooling.
- You are self-motivated, diligent, passionate about work, and always looking for more. You seek ownership, accountability and take responsibility for your actions.
- You are a team player. You are others centered. You are teachable, coachable. You are confident but you don’t promote yourself.
- You have mutual respect with your peers. You interact appropriately with others. You are aware of the impact of your words and actions.
- You are process and results-oriented. You do what you say you’ll do and deliver on your promises. You achieve consistently good results.
- You have leadership experience and a desire to influence a Team around results.
Let’s talk. If you are passionate about work and solving customer challenges in a fast-paced, high energy work environment, and looking to further your knowledge and skills, then let’s have a conversation. We’ll keep it confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Dayton, OH 45403 (Required)
- Do you live within a 45 minute commute of Dayton, OH?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement