At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Rosemount™ is a signature brand of Emerson, offering a comprehensive line of measurement instrumentation, analyzers and systems which are used in a wide range of applications found in critical processing facilities such as refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pipelines, and more. The Analytical Instruments organization, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of process analytical equipment for liquid analysis, combustion analysis, and gas analysis, has an exciting career opportunity as a Principal Software Test Engineer based at our Shakopee, MN location.
This position will be responsible for leading the creation of a world-class test infrastructure to support development of embedded software based products in the Analytical Instruments engineering and development group.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Technical Lead of a global engineering group that provides software test support for new embedded product development
- Provide technical work direction for remote, global software team
- Provide technical leadership in the development of a software test team and infrastructure to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals
- Work involves application of methods, processes and tools to deliver assurance of high quality products.
- Analyze and report output of product test results
- Assures that engineering procedures and systems that conform with Rosemount policies are developed, understood, and maintained
- Apply continuous improvement in the development and maintenance of test suites
This position may require both internationally and domestic travel. Historically, this position has <10% travel.
Qualified candidates must possess a BS in Engineering or Science. A minimum of 8 years of experience in software test, design or manufacturing. Supervisory/management experience a plus. Graduate work or advanced degrees may be applied toward experience requirements.
Preference given to candidates who have knowledge of:
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and develop a team is a must.
- Experience with firmware and software test, with a demonstrated track record of repeated success in assuring delivery of high quality products and market success.
- Visual Studio development environment
- Architecting, designing, implementing test systems
- Test planning, execution, reporting
- Change management processes and tools
- Field protocols: HART, Fieldbus
- Serial protocol interfaces: Modbus, CAN, SPI, SCI, IIC
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.