Laporte Engineering specializes in the supply of process, building and utilities design services to the agri-food, beverage, bio-tech and pharmaceutical industry sectors. With the head office in Montreal, Laporte operates in Canada, the United States and Europe. The firm has experienced over 20% average growth over the past four years and continued aggressive growth is planned. For more information, visit our website: www.laporteconsultants.com
Process Engineer – Alberta
As part of an integrated project team, this intermediate or senior process engineer will be responsible to lead the process design of food & beverage process systems. Located in Edmonton, Calgary or Lethbridge, Alberta this individual will report to the Alberta Engineering Manager.
- Participate in client needs and project definition;
- Lead all project phases and ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards, defined scope, timelines and budget;
- Maintain detailed understanding of codes and standards applicable to projects, including: building codes, energy codes, CSA standards, health & safety regulations, NFPA standards;
- Maintain a reference set of codes, standards and in-house best practices;
- Maintain the development and committee review of drawings and specifications;
- Review Clients Specifications;
- Write technical reports and analysis to support design submissions;
- Review shop drawings for compliance & participate in development of engineering standards;
- Obtain proposals from and follow-up with suppliers and contractors;
- Partner with cross functional project team members;
- Visit and survey project sites for project related activities;
- Conduct work in accordance with Laporte Professional Practice Management Plan guidelines;
- Support business development activities.
- Degree in Chemical, Biotechnology or Food Engineering or technology;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Alberta;
- 3-15 years of experience in construction engineering, planning and/or project management, preferably in a variety of fields (ag- industrial, food and beverage industries)
- Experience in the design of fluid and bulk materials handling processes including preparation of process flow diagrams, heat and material balances and P&IDs;
- Experience in the design of sanitary process systems including piping, vessels and CIP systems;
- Familiarity with CFIA and HACCP requirements;
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing an asset;
- Solid knowledge of engineering codes and standards;
- Flexibility to travel;
- Consulting experience an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent skills in technical support and troubleshooting;
- Tests self against a high standard of excellence; takes responsibility for self-development;
- Strong ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to identify issues in a timely manner and to develop resolutions;
- Conducts work in a professional manner and communicates a positive image personally and of the project;
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, Laporte offers a refreshing work environment that promotes teamwork, professionalism, personal development.
If you would like to join our team, please send your resume and indicate the following reference: (ProcessLethbridge_2019)
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time