This is a fully remote position supporting our client in California
Provide LabWare LIMS technical support in a GMP regulated environment. General working knowledge of laboratory testing processes and documentation. As a member of Pharma Client's global LIS program team, the individual will provide system administration and support skills with an understanding of industry practices for application support in GxP environment; and LabWare LIMS configuration, LIMS Basic and Crystal Reports. Resource will assist in coordination with the LIS team in resolving issues and enhancement requests reported by the Pharma Client user community.
- Helps maintain the health of the currently released LabWare LIMS system in the production environment, ensuring system performs its intended functions accurately and reliably.
- Provides end-to-end support for tickets requiring system change (requirements gathering, documentation updates, development, system configuration, validation protocol/script development to validation execution)
- Follows existing Pharma Client support processes, procedures, and systems consistent to organizational compliance practices and relevant regulatory requirements (i.e., 21CFR Part 11) such that the system remains in a controlled, validated state"
Will take LIMS support calls from the user community through phone, email, and face-to-face to answer application usage questions, investigate application behavior, and determine if the issue is a:
1. System use, system behavior, or documentation issue requiring additional training to provide understanding of system functionality, and/or updates to documentation to resolve
2. LabWare system administration issue – user privileges, paths, product specification and analysis, directory maintenance, background/scheduler server, log files
3. LabWare functionality enhancement change request – functionality not in system, system not behaving as desire, new functional addition requests
4. Report issue requiring updates to a Crystal Report and /or associated LabWare report routines
5. Technology, hardware, desktop, network issue or failure
6. Business concern requiring a management or technical decision which cannot be resolved by changing system
For the above issue types, the expectation will be to resolve or follow processes to resolve 1 through 4, and to notify the proper individuals to resolve 5 and 6.
- As required for requests not able to be addressed immediately (especially #3 and #4 of the above), will enter LIMS support ‘tickets’ into Pharma Client support systems for tracking, prioritization , and management to closure
- Assists in the establishment and application of best practices in support management activities, both in the support systems used to track and manage support requests, and in making recommendations to improve the actual processes used to execute the Pharma Client support life-cycle, from user requests for change to deployment of that change.
- Assists in the establishment and application of best practices in change management, including how changes are approved and implemented, and how objects are tracked, managed, and promoted.
- Has proficiency with LIMS Basic and Crystal Reports.
- Communicates to Pharma Client leadership regarding system status, concerns, and ideas for continued improvement of the LIMS program.
- Follows Pharma Client configuration management and promotion processes between environments (dev, test, prod) to keep instances in sync as required.
Experience, skills and education
- Experience in service desk tools such as ServiceNow.
- Experience in Citrix Receiver, XenApp platforms.
- Good understanding of Active Directory, SharePoint.
- Experience taking ownership of incidents and service requests and work to resolve them to user satisfaction while adhering service-level agreements.
- Experience compiling and provide metrics on incidents and service requests, trends to management.
- Good understanding of Laboratory Informatics Systems and business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical R&D, QC laboratories is a plus.