Analyze the requirements in collaboration with software developers and engineers, business owners, business analysts and other relevant parties to develop, review, maintain and execute automated test suites for multiple applications and workflows to meet functional expectations for system performance and stability. Conduct test automation in security, performance, mobile, load and infrastructure/ workstation testing. Work with the database analysts to develop and implement a process to create and maintain the test data to be used in the software testing process.
- Perform defect root cause analysis, document and provide necessary feedback. Ensure consistent test frameworks and test coding standards have been followed to support automation reusability and maintainability.
- Review and analyze requirements, functional and design specifications, diagrams, flow charts, code and other project documentation to assure automated tests provide the necessary test coverage. Benchmark performance of the applications to meet business expectations and provide appropriate reports and metrics on how the application behaves under different loads and timeframes to management.
Bachelor’s Degree from Four-Year College or University any combination of the following: business administration, computer related course study, project management, quality assurance certification study and insurance studies area of study required.
5 to 7 years experience, 3 years job specific
1. Strong analytical, statistical, organizational and presentation skills
2. Excellent math skills for verification and interpretation of business processes and system calculations
3. Ability to correspond and collaborate with software developers, engineers, architects and business stakeholders
4. Basic knowledge of database principles and skilled at scripting SQL queries
5. Skilled in MS Office Suite with strong emphasis in Access and Excel
6. Familiar with insurance administration systems and workflows with a basic product knowledge of insurance and/or annuity contracts
7. Inquisitive and proactive with an ability to work independently and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technologies; takes initiative and is a solution seeker
8. Strong written, verbal and listening skills with a Customer-focused attitude
9. Skilled in the principles of system design and development processes
10. Experienced with Agile/Scrum methodology and of the system development life cycle (SDLC)
12. Skilled in data analysis, test design, and test automation focusing on functional, security, performance, mobile, load and infrastructure/ workstation testing.
13. Skilled in using MS Team Foundation Server
14. Proficient in code repository tools such as SVN and GitHub
15. Experienced in Continuous Integration technology using Jenkins
16. Experienced in reviewing the application code and fine tuning tests to increase test coverage
17. Knowledgeable of software testing best practices
18. Experienced with using risk analysis techniques to provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies
19. Proficient at writing code/scripts to test systems, project features and enhancement
20. Skilled in hardware and OS functionality testing
21. Experienced in a multi-platform environment like Mac, Unix, and Microsoft
22. Familiarity with code coverage tools
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND EXAMS:
FLMI - Recommended
CSTP, CTM or equivalent – Recommended
CTFL (Foundation Level) - Recommended
CTAL focused on Technical Test Analyst (Advanced Level) – Recommended
CTEL focused on Test Automation Engineering or Security Testing (Expert Level) - Recommended
Return to Search