NASC is seeking to fill an Aerospace Engineering position with a talented individual with at least a BSE or similar. This position will specifically support the NASC UAS(Unmanned Aircraft Systems) Sector in Ivyland, PA at the NASC UAS Special Projects Facility.
This position will support development of both primary and payload airborne systems with an emphasis on aerodynamics, flight mechanics, and propulsion. The engineer in this position will be responsible for analysis and ongoing support of current systems as well as the development of new platforms. The position requires strong analytical and problem solving skills, both in the lab and in the field, as well as consistent attention to detail.
Other responsibilities and job requirements may include but are not limited to the following:
- Characterization of current system performance through analysis of historical datasets.
- Perform analysis and develop modeling for programs in development
- Support payload integration
- Support manufacturing, production, operations, and program management with design documentation.
- Support system testing from bench development to field deployment.
- Design and/or lead systems testing
- Ability to invent, develop and deploy new novel approaches to solve difficult problems
- Some travel may be required.
- Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and/or customers.
- Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages are a plus.
- Excellent time management skills - ability to multitask, coordinate and/or delegate work to support technicians, engineering project assistants and peers.
Additional Experience would be a plus:
- Must be familiar with reading and creating drawings using CAD software
- Must have experience with aero modeling
- Must have one to three years of experience in an aviation engineering environment, or have aero engineering experience as part of degree
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance, or already have clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Must have Engineering Degree
- Propeller aircraft design experience
- Jet aircraft design experience
- Programming experience (MATLAB, C, etc.)
- Acoustics experience
- Guidance and control systems