VIATechnik is the global leader in Virtual Design and Construction. We have180+ digital experts in 7 global offices. The firm’s services include VirtualDesign & Construction (VDC), Building Information Modeling (BIM),Computational BIM, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Scheduling, 4D, andDigital Fabrication. The firm has recently partnered with the Stanford Center for Professional Development,a part of the Office of the Vice Provost, for Teaching and Learningat Stanford University to deliver a VDC Certification Program.
The firm works on the largest and most interestingprojects such as Apple’s new headquarters, Virgin Hyperloop One, LaGuardiaAirport, Hudson Yards, the Atlanta Falcons Stadium, Chase Arena, and many more.Our team is made up of leading VDC professionals, technologists, architects,and engineers who have a passion for solving problems and a thirst forlearning. We are results driven, creative solution finders and enjoy puttingourselves in our clients’ shoes. The VDC / BIM Specialist will work in Boston.
- Understanding of MEP systems or Architectural and Structural systems
- Experience in working on construction projects
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management of teams of BIM Engineers andSpecialists.
- Work with executive and director teams to promote a culture of technologyadoption and innovation both within the company and the AEC industry ingeneral.
- Leading & participating in R&D efforts. Primary R&D focusesinclude data integration and analytics, machine learning, and topics focused onthe future of AEC technology.
- BIM Consulting and Management opportunities aimed at keeping a pulse onthe state of the industry, understanding and advancing BIM adoption, andexperiencing live implementation of people, process, and technology.
- Project management of advanced BIM projects including 3D BIM creation,clash detection, clash resolution, 4D simulations, 5D quantity/cost analysis,point cloud to BIM, virtual reality, augmented reality, and other BIMapplications.
- Apply computational BIM workflows to achieve optimal and efficientsolutions for design and construction processes.
- Integration of BIM and Lean processes to achieve optimized BIM processes.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements. Enhance VIATechnik goalof continuous improvement within our company, for our clients, and for theindustry.
- Responsible for on-time completion, overall budget, quality, and clientsatisfaction on projects.
- Serve as an interface to client and cultivate client relationships.
- Learn and present new BIM and technology applications for our team andclients.
- Travel to client site and other VIATechnik company locations.
- Work with executive team and business development team to bring in new BIMand Construction Management projects. Identify sales opportunities andpotential clients & projects. Create proposals related to identifiedprospects.
- Contribute to VIATechnik culture of professional development and knowledgesharing by participating in and leading training efforts.
Job Type: Full-time
- BIM: 1 year (Preferred)
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan