Position: Systems Engineer
Borsight is a System Engineering, Integration, & Manufacturing Services provider. Borsight provides the following services: full spectrum weapons systems integration (hardware, software, & operation flight program (OFP); full spectrum flight test support; configuration control & management; aircraft system level integration & modification; OFP integration, development, and independent verification & validation (IV&V); software & hardware modification, sustainment; engineering, design and technical services.
Exciting Systems Engineering opportunity in rapidly growing aircraft integration company. Activities include the design, fabrication, installation and test of avionics and mission systems on Department of Defense (DoD) and FAA certificated aircraft. The System Engineer will be responsible for new system designs through all phases of the integration effort including requirements management, research and analysis, system architecture, design reviews, system documentation, test and integration, airworthiness certifications, and production.
- Experience with analysis, design, testing, and documentation
- Experience with system development and aircraft integration
- Understanding and ability to apply engineering principles and methods to integrate and ensure interoperability of components and subcomponents.
- Experience in preparing electrical schematics and electrical harness drawings
- Familiarity with CAD software and tools
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Ability to prepare MS Office products required for formal design reviews and presentations
- Professional, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and manage system development projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-demand environment
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics and flight systems
- Experience with military aircraft system integration and DoD contract projects
- Experience developing electrical loads analysis, weight and balance reports, system operational testing, environmental testing, and EMI/EMC testing IAW Air Force standards
- Experience with FAA airworthiness testing and certification
- Familiarity with common aircraft bus interfaces such as ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, serial, Ethernet, GPS, and audio
- Experience with integrating video and RF systems onto airborne platforms
- Familiarity with common DoD datalinks and networks such as ARC-210, ARC-231, PRC-117, SADL/EPLRS, LINK-16, VORTEX, HPW, SWF, ANW2 or INMARSAT
- Experience in DoDAF project management
- Current Secret security clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an ABET accredited university required
- 5-15 years of related experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- The work is typically performed in an office environment but will require some on-aircraft work
- This work may require short-term TDYs to meet with users and/or perform aircraft analysis
- Existing passport desired for OCONUS travel
- Lift over 35 LBS
Work Schedule: Regular, Full-time
Pay Range: Salary
Benefits: Full range benefits package and 401K company contribution
Job Type: Full-time