Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates.
Gates Corporation, formerly Atlas Hydraulics/Pace Manufacturing, is growing in Brandon, SD and we are hiring for Assemblers in our Hose and Tube Shop for our 1st (6am - 2pm) or 3rd (10pm - 6am) Shifts.
This position is part of the production team, reporting directly to the shift supervisor and/or team leader. Assemblers operate equipment to couple and form various sizes and product lines of hydraulic hose & tube assemblies. Job duties include performing assembly tasks utilizing a variety tools and machines, working in a team supporting the safety, productivity, and delivery of high quality products.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position. The employee must have regular, reliable, punctual and consistent attendance.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week plus overtime.
- Ability to read, understand and perform printed and verbal work instructions throughout all processes.
- Constantly demonstrate safe working habits and follows all safety requirements.
- Plans, evaluates, sets up and runs needed equipment - saws, crimpers, pushers, flushers, etc. and verifies compliance.
- Operate machine controls including recognizing warning devices on machines throughout the process.
- Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Must be team-oriented individual who understands and supports the team approach to manufacturing.
- Use of scanners & internal production systems
- Proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervision.
Physical requirements require regular lifting, pushing, standing and pulling of product. Basic skill training for this position will be provided and measured.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Most areas do not require hearing protection. All areas require steel toed shoes/boots and approved safety glasses. Brandon has a hearing conservation program in operations. This program is managed in compliance with OSHA guidelines and requires all employees to wear hearing protection while on the operations floor.
As part of the hiring process, all candidates who are qualified for employment with Gates Corporation must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical, employment verification and background screenings.
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.