Millat Industries has immediate openings for experienced CNC Mill and Lathe Machinists at their Kettering, OH and Huber Heights, OH facilities for both Day and Night shifts. These positions will be responsible for setting up and operating CNC Machines and machining centers. The CNC Machinist applies knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, maintainability of materials, and layout techniques.
Essential Job Functions:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
- Follows sequence of operations on router.
- Determines and follows set-up requirements on set-up sheets.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, and saws.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as feeds and speeds, coolant flow, and depth of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit programs.
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or program as required.
- Sets up and operates machines on first piece run to verify accuracy of machine settings and program.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gages, gage blocks, and other inspection equipment.
- Confers with engineers, team leaders, production control, department manager, and others to resolve machining problems.
- Communicates with co-workers, and team leader to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
Job Classification Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of trade school, vocational education, and or machining experience.
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor.
- Ability to exert between 10 and 50 pounds on different occasions.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Machining: 2 years (Required)