ELECTRICAL/PNEUMATIC CONTROLS ENGINEER
Reports To: Lead Controls Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working at Eckhart is an opportunity to directly impact the future of American manufacturing. We are an Industry 4.0 leader committed to developing advanced manufacturing solutions that enhance the quality of life. Our AUTOCRAFT™ autonomous guided vehicles and FLEXCHECK™ collaborative robotic error-proofing systems lead the market in reliability and dependability. Our suite of solutions includes AGVs, collaborative & traditional robotics, 3D printing, conveyance & automation, highly engineered weld fixtures, lift-assist & ergonomic tooling, and mechanical & electrical engineering services. Our solutions improve employee safety, product quality, and productivity at the largest companies in the world.
Eckhart invests in people because we believe it is our people who differentiate our solutions and our company from our competitors. For over 40 years our company has committed dedicated creative minds to conceptualize and design custom manufacturing solutions for industry. Our customers span medical devices, food, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, commercial construction, household appliances, and farm machinery & heavy trucks. We thrive solving our customers’ most difficult problems and find satisfaction when customers receive safe and efficient turn-key solutions that enhance their quality of life.
An Electrical/Pneumatic Controls Engineers is able to apply electrical/pneumatic theory and related knowledge to design industrial controls systems and assembly tools. Applying a working knowledge of electrical/pneumatic principles as well as the ability to understand wiring diagrams, layout drawings and engineering specifications is required. An Electrical/Pneumatics Controls Engineer must be professional, proactive and positive when interacting with customers. Our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Eckhart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design complete controls systems for industrial applications with AutoCAD, Allen Bradley, PLC/HMI Software and Siemens, EPLAN a plus, not required.
· Support manufacturing resources and customers, troubleshoot and debug systems.
· Provide onsite support to our customers as needed.
· Work with mechanical design team to create new or modify existing controls systems.
· Must be able to travel within the continental US, Canada and Mexico
Education and/or Experience:
Prefer an Associate degree in electrical technology, manufacturing or a related field, AND at least three years of related experience. Requires at least two years of experience managing multiple projects. Requires at least three years of PLC programming experience. Siemens and Allen Bradley knowledge preferred.
Other skills and abilities:
· Ability to design and incorporate various controls components
· Ability to troubleshoot existing installations.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and software programs.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD and RSLogix 5000.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Good verbal and written skills.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
· Good presentation skills.
· Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: